Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones (since season four) Thread - Everything in HERE!
10-05-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread
Thought the temptation might prove too great! The latest episode dropped one almighty bombshell I can't ever remember from the books - & checking online it's been confirmed wasn't in the books, so we got a spoiler for later!

Oh, & Lysa Arryn's back with her drippy son, both even nuttier than a birdfeeder than before. It looks like Brianne's role is getting more expanded judging by the last episode, which is good as I felt they never did enough of her back story & motivations.

Before I forget again, Shireen "Greyscale" Baratheon is starting to suss out the Red Priestess as an evil maniac who would kill even Stannis' only daughter if she dared openly oppose her. This is interesting as it makes her & the Onion Knight not merely friends but of the same mind.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2014, 04:51 PM
You are 99% responsible for me wanting to fall off the wagon. I shall blame you for the rest of my days! Biggrin

Unfortunately I have no idea how to go about obtaining the episodes myself and the person who was going to assist me appears to have fallen asleep on the sofa after a somewhat hearty lunch. Maybe when she wakes up I will question her about it.
11-05-2014, 07:33 PM
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones
11-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Holy mother of dragons, the purple wedding! What wondrousness is this? Clapping
12-05-2014, 08:44 PM
(11-05-2014 07:33 PM)Caspin Wrote:  http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

Yes, that's it in a nutshell. I'm not coughing up for Sky Atlantic simply to watch ONE programme, especially when I watch so little TV anyway.

(11-05-2014 09:46 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Holy mother of dragons, the purple wedding! What wondrousness is this? Clapping

Thought you'd be pleased, that was why I was so keen for you to see season 4! Sohappy

The book version is even better, with Cercei's agonised screams of misery at her whole world falling apart. The TV version has played it down to cut straight to her seeing it as an opportunity to be rid of Tyrion. In the book it's more strung out so you first mistake it as being her wanting to lash out in grief, & only at the trial do you realise she's stooping as low as she can ever go in seeing personal tragedy as another scheming opportunity.

As for how the trial goes, you'll have to wait & see, of course!

How many episodes have you watched now of the new series?

By the old gods and the new, tonight's the night for another episode. Ah! Can't wait!Yahoo

12-05-2014, 10:49 PM
My joy could not be contained. I could not believe the marvellous scenes unfolding before my eyes. I was wildly happy!

I have only seen the first two episodes. I am planning to watch them again, as I was so hyped up with anticipation that I feel I missed a lot of details. Next weekend I will start again from the beginning and then hopefully catch up with the rest available. I don't think I'll manage to watch them before that as I have quite a busy week.

But oh yay oh yay yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

They combined GoT with a whodunit. Yahoo

SohappyHaveadrinkClapping

I will still buy the DVDs when they are released, so I don't feel too bad. I do love my boxed sets. And the GoT thrones ones are proving very popular. I should charge a fee!
13-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly utterly UTTERLY brilliant episode - & if Peter Dinklage doesn't win every showbiz award this year for the way he delivered that quivering with tempered rage speech I'm calling "FIX!"

14-05-2014, 09:08 AM
You liked it then?

Tongue
16-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Last night I watched episodes 3 and 4, so I have nearly caught up!

I'm enjoying the scenes with Arya and The Hound very much. Also I enjoyed Jamie realising what a bitch his sister can be.

I see what you mean about Jamie and Briane, but I wish they'd played it a bit more platonic - he looks like he's made his first real friend in the world, which is probably true so fair enough, but she does look a bit dreamy and loved up. But then she's an intense sort of person, isn't she, so maybe that's how she looks at everyone she admires! I really hope they don't make them become lovers, that really would be a shame.

I love Podrick. He put together an excellent dungeon picnic for Tyrion. It made me quite hungry thinking about almonds and cheese. I had to go and make a snack!

I wasn't surprised by the revealing of the murderer - that old bird rocks!
17-05-2014, 12:09 AM
There are times I feel sorry for Brianne, other times cannot believe how her own IQ is brought down by her own inferiority complex. She has a permanent chip on her shoulder about having to prove herself, despite having beaten the Knight of the Flowers only months after he'd humiliated Jamie "I'm best fighter in the kingdom, me!" Lannister at that tournament King Robert held (mentioned briefly during series 2).

A big part of it is that she's rootless. Clearly there's little back in her family's lands for her, but so far she's gone since from the Tyrells to the Tullys to the Lannisters by proxy. Now she's off on a fruitless search across an entire nation still at war to find two girls determined not to be found. You see her & wonder is that how the Hound became what he became. Most hardened cynicals start life as hardened idealists.

She & the Hound also share another characteristic - not being able to handle compliments or affection in their direction well.

Did you know the stories doing the round as to the real reason Catelin Tully despised Jon Snow was nothing to do with him being Ned's illegitimate son? There's a story (not confirmed in the books) that is far more shocking & also makes a lot of sense.