Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones (since season four) Thread - Everything in HERE!
10-06-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread
I would be in favour of them doing a two hour finale. Or three hours. Or as many hours as possible!

I am glad to have been able to watch this series in a slightly more timely manner than the last one, but it's really brought home to me how much I hate watching one episode per week of a great show. I've just got too used to doing TV-watching marathons. Hopefully the technical hitches are now sorted and I can watch 6,7,8 in a bunch.

I'm excited to hear that there will finally be a big attack. I love a good battle - and Mr Snow and his buddies reaching Crastor's keep in the episode I watched at the weekend didn't really cut it. Although I did like the bonfire at the end.
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 10:10 PM
OK, watched episode six this evening. Feel vaguely inspired by the idea of approaching the queen with a sack of burnt goat bones.

But oh dear. Oh dear, no! Shae! The betrayal. The vengefulness. The horror!

Omg
12-06-2014, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2014 05:29 PM by Caspin.)
Episode seven - tick!

Well. Flew like a birdy, didn't she! Her freaky boy is finally going to have to try weening onto solid food.

I enjoyed Arya's old friend at the inn telling Briane and Pod all about the merits of his pie recipe. Don't give up on the gravy. No gravy - no pie!

Smile
16-06-2014, 03:41 AM
Season finale was tonight!! And of course it was so good. As a fan of the books, I was a little surprised by the confrontation between the hound and Brienne cause I don't remember it happening? But it was an interesting twist. I can't wait for season 5 Big Grin just gotta wait almost a year x_x
16-06-2014, 08:59 AM
This series has gone so quickly! It will be a long wait until the next one.

Last night I caught up with episodes eight and nine, so I am nearly there! The trial by combat at the end of episode eight had me on my feet and the battle at the wall in episode nine was nearly the end of me!
16-06-2014, 06:07 PM
What a finale. WHAT- A - FINALE! YahooClapping BeatingHeart

I thought they needed to wrap up King's Landing, the Wall, Stannis Baratheon's loony gang, Brianne & Pod's road trip and Arya & The Hound's road trip if season 5 wasn't going to be a mess, but couldn't see it being managed in the time alloted.

They got all of them & still had time for Bran's gang having a Skyrim moment (that was pretty hairy), Danys learning another uncomfortable truth & two brand new moments that weren't in the book. They rejigged the big ending at King's Landing far better than the book, where too much was said that left Martin stuck for what happened later.

The one part they got wrong was what Cersei told Tywin. Not buying that - he'd have killed her on the spot considering he's done worse for less. Can forgive them it for the rest of the rejig - especially the ending (see Caspin if you can spot what I did, or rather WHO I did!).

All over until next year, but some great memories of this one where I had my doubts how it was going to play out. Still the best game on the box.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
17-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Oh oh OH, I want to watch it right now!

Amazing that they managed to tie up so many loose ends in an hour. So looking forward to it. I will watch closely to see the thing I am supposed to spot (couldn't be more vague there now, could you!)
22-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Hooray, I watched episode 10! I wonder how long they will make us wait for the next series. In the meantime I will get the boxed set and then I can binge on multiple series whenever the mood takes me. That was a cracking finale.

I was fidgeting throughout the fight with Brianne and the hound. It was a proper fight, like you'd have in real life, not some scripted sword-brandishing. I could almost feel it every punch and oh boy can that girl do a convincing shout. Good stuff.

Fence

Vey predictable, but still sad, situation over the water with the dragons having to be locked up. What did she expect - that they'd stick to goats for supper? These aren't cute little purple sparkle-puking sims dragons, young lady. Nah

Totally agree that Cersei would not have had that conversation with her daddy! Dunno

I thought that the arrival of Stanis and his troops at the wall was beautifully shot. All the horses riding through the snow in such neat formations and then that amazing aerial shot from above the forest, showing them heading into the trees from two directions to meet the wildings. Stunning.

I may need to watch it again because I did not spot who I was supposed to spot at the end. Do you mean right at the end, when baldy and the boxed-up imp are going to the ship? Can you give me a clue?!
22-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Nope I meant Arya at the boat Biggrin

Rory McCann said in an interview the fight scene got completely out of hand as he & Gwendoline Christie lost their tempers & it went from rehearshed into very unrehearsed only ended by them both being too exhausted to move! Both insisted on the "best bits" being edited & kept in, but both had trouble walking for a week after, even though they'd trained for a month beforehand to toughen up enough before doing the scene.

Gwendoline blamed them losing it on being too hot - of all the days they could have done it, it was one where Iceland had a sudden very sunny spell for the time of year (which is why so many online complained those final scenes looked too sunny when it had been snowing at the Eyrie 10 miles up the road only GOT days earlier).

The part with Arya & the Hound trying to get her to finish him off was beautifully done, his mask slipping as he first tries persuading, goading & finally begging her to kill him, but she doesn't display a flicker of emotion to leave it open to so many interpretations. Did familiarity make her unable to cross off that name from her list when the opportunity came? Did she realise it was a greater vengence not to give him an easy death? Or was she already moving as she's done all series into becoming a worshipper of the god of Death (the Faceless god), & decided that "Not today" applied, that it was not a death for her to give.

Btw, ought to mention that Stannis may have Jon Snow & nominally part of the Starks on his side as a result, but those Fire God worshippers & the Faceless god worshippers are mortal enemies, which could make matters "interesting" later.

The Varys scene at the docks was beautifully done, was not in the books, & was a real improvement where he stays on at King's Landing but ends up killing Pycelle as the only one that can save Cersei from herself. They did it better by having bitchface firing him last episode for someone with even less scruples than herself & leaving in a huff (thus echoing the cut scene where he says he'll be long in the ground when the Lannisters fall from power so long as they keep taking his advice).

There's not been much Varys this series, but that one scene made up for it: at first walking away from the docks, but looking towards the city with the bells ringing (remember the Blackwater siege where he says to Tyrion how much he hated bells ringing because it always meant something awful happening), & realising there little left for him to go back to. Without Tyrion or Tywin at King's Landing, Littlefinger now more interested/obsessed in slaking his unrequitted love for Caitlin on Ginger Stark (& forgetting his part in sending her father to the block) the Lannisters flat broke & the kingdom's accounts resembling that of Rangers the current regime is beyond repair - it is time for him to "swim on", with the one fish from it worth saving. At the last he proven himself to be what he always claimed terrifies him the most, a truly just man.

Cersei Lannister now the de facto ruler of Westeros - it'll be like Margaret Thatcher on Red Bull!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
22-06-2014, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2014 06:20 PM by Caspin.)
Oh. I was concentrating on the wrong boat! Bloody typical. OK, I will pay closer attention next time I watch it.

No wonder that fight looked so real if it was fuelled by actual lost tempers! Hot angry people in armour, belting each other with rocks. Shocked

That scene with Arya and the hound was excellent. I'm going to say that it was her desire for revenge to leave him to die in pain. After all, he was on the list. She's lost a lot and seen so many grim sights. He didn't show mercy to people he's killed along the way. Besides, there really is nothing sweeter than revenge is there. If she was feeling truly cruel she'd have set him on fire.

Edit - I return just to add that no matter what sort of slow or quick death the hound ended up facing, what worries me a lot more is what is going to happen to the mountain now he is in the clutches of that necromancer, or whatever he is. Looks as though it is all going to go a bit Frankenstein! Omg