Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones (since season four) Thread - Everything in HERE!
26-06-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Game Of Thrones season four thread
You are spot on over the Mountain, one of the moments some accused GoT in the books of jumping the shark (there's a worse one to come). There's an ambiguous bit in the books that's still to come, but there's rumours that they're going to leave it out as there's parts George R R Martin now regrets putting in which left him with nowhere to go.

Don't be too sure we've saw the last of the Hound btw, although Rory McGann says "that's it" (& he's one of the main "GoT Geeks" on the set). In the books he hasn't reappeared, but he was mentioned by the monks of the Quiet Isle (which is very close to the Bloody Gate, ten miles from where Arya & the Hound encountered Brianne & Podrick). They mentioned to Brianne they found him, but the curious part is they talk about him as Sandor Clegane until speaking about his death, where they speak of him as "the Hound". They also say he was shattered to learn at his brother's death, as it was the hope of killing him one day that was the fuel for all his hate. Losing this broke him more than all his wounds.

The other curious part is there is a novice gravedigger on the Quiet Isle which Brianne sees briefly, and only later does it dawn on her it looked like the Hound. He may well have joined the monks of the Quiet Isle with his old self "dead", seeking peace & absolution from his old life.

I was a bit annoyed at some of the newspaper stuff written about Tyrion killing Shae & Tywin making him "a monster". Shae showed her true mercenary colours trying immediately to kill him & Tywin showed himself at the last to be everything Tyrion ever said about him in series 3 ("When have you ever done something that wasn't in your interest but solely for the benefit of the family?") by bedding the very woman he'd forbidden Tyrion to take with him to King's Landing. It proved all he was ever interested in was rubbing Tyrion's face in it every chance he got, wanting to punish him all his life for "killing" his wife in childbirth, a wife whose memory he now dishonoured by taking his son's concubine to bed in what he thought would be one last act of rubbing Tyrion's nose in it. If ever two people deserved death, they did.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Tyrion's the monster? Come on now! He killed Shae in self-defence pure and simple. And as for Tywin, well that was self-defence too, given that he'd ordered his execution.
29-01-2015, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 10:03 PM by Minty.)
Game Of Thrones (In General) Thread
Ooooh, steady, don't go crazy! Have fun with your new content.

This week is passing too quickly in some ways and far too slowly in others. At least tomorrow is pay day!

If SimsForums was an actual place (which I can actually picture quite easily due to having an excellent imagination) I reckon some of us might be in the living room playing the new Game of Thrones board game for a while.

[Image: c26-1589947207-2-s2.jpg]

Obviously I would lose every time, but I'd have fun trying. Like in Monopoly as I only buy the streets that I've either been to in real life, or are colours that I like. I also like to buy the railway stations, but I think that's true of most people. And I can only play if I can use the little top hat. In Cluedo, I like to make my own scorecards, which are bigger than the normal ones, as I like to take a lot of notes. And obviously I will only play as Miss Scarlett.

Oh dear, I have probably made myself sound very annoying and nobody will want to play GOT with me now. I'll have to make cupcakes to entice people into the living room!

Tongue
17-03-2015, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 09:28 AM by Caspin.)
My box set of series 4 is on its way so that I can revise before the fifth series begins. I will look out at the end to see if I can finally figure out what the hell you were talking about, Minty, about that final scene when Arya gets the boat!
20-03-2015, 12:42 AM
3 weeks to go before it all starts again Yahoo

20-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Have you seen trailers for season 5, Minty? I heard they don't make a lot of sense for book readers.
21-03-2015, 04:48 PM
I think at this point the TV show diverges from the books. This could go well or badly. I haven't read the books so I'll be none the wiser Big Grin
23-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Avoid the books Wandarine, they are dull & have even less description or scene setting than a Harry Potter one with ten times the pages to do it in.

They have to diverge from them because really he lost the plot by that point, as he has since all but admitted. Doing two books which were meant to be of events happening at the same time is difficult enough, but to do it in two giant volumes where he admits he would forget some stuff when trying to do their joint follow up The Winds of Winter has been fatal.

Whatever his plans before, he'd got no choice but to rush the loose ends together so it can be concluded in the follow up to The Winds of Winter, which probably means making TWOW a bloodbath in order to clear enough pieces from the board to make any sort of lasting conclusion believable - & he's got to find a way of getting dopey Danys over the sea with Varys & Tyrion in tow & Arya lurking somewhere in the background.

(I'm wondering btw if Arya's ultimate task will be killing Stanis at Varys request. Just a hunch)

23-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Quote:Avoid the books Wandarine, they are dull & have even less description or scene setting than a Harry Potter one with ten times the pages to do it in.
Too late, Minty, I read all of them last year in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms after the end of season 4. And they were actually quite good. The loose ends aren't very obvious until now, but that may change with TWOW, when Martin will (maybe) just not pick them up again. Well, this happens when you start publishing before you finish the story!

I've seen a science fiction series called Continuum in which it was really obvious that the author wasn't sure what way to lead the story. There's a scene that's apparently meant to show how the main character has the idea for an invention that will make him a millionaire, but then in the next season, the focus moves away from him and the break-through idea and resulting inventions are never mentioned again.

So, as much as I hate to effectively know only as much as a non-book-reader, if diverging the series from the books prevents GoT becoming Continuum, I'm absolutely okay with it.
24-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Those books are huge. I'm not surprised he's lost track to some extent (although this does seem a bit worrying). They've done a good job of making a fun TV programme out of the stories so far. Let's hope they don't lose the plot as well as deviate from it. Up to now I've really loved the fact that I have no idea what happens next. I've had some serious shocks as a result! I enjoyed reviewing Joffrey's wedding at the weekend. Clapping

My efforts to avoid spoilers have been extreme. At least now I'll be on the same page as everyone else, as things drift a little bit from the books. Can't wait for the next series to commence!