Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series
01-02-2014, 12:44 PM
RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series
I will become more active when I get the time. Clearly I JUST joined here LAST NIGHT. at 4 AM. I wasn't sure if I had to work or not so I had to go to sleep. I just decided to at least complete a goal before I went to bed which was yes to promote. but You will see me around like everyone else, I just didnt have time or the awakeness to start talking to people. And again, yes, THIS IS THE INTERNET. I'm not inclined to stick around 24/7. its not a requirement that I stay in frequent touch with people I meet and talk to on here. If people get annoyed at me that I come and go, SO WHAT. if that's what sets them off, they need to take a chill pill. I wasn't just gonna get on and off JUST to promote.

And yes I am aware what this forum is called and I am fully aware of how forums are used. Ive been an active forum member before. I didn't get on super amounts at first on those either. it just takes a little for me to really get into it. and I will stick with it for a long while too.So no need to give me a "dummies guide for 'what is a forum'. But I've suddenly lost all interest in this forum. I post one thing and go to bed and to work and suddenly people are making assumptions of what I am doing, which was not the case.

Future suggestion for people who DO do what you all assume I was doing, how about saying something more like a friendly hello and introduction, kind of redirect them to a thread so they actually post something else and become part of the board (or at least a start), and get them talking and then maybe kindly suggest that if you take part of part of the community, they are more interested in checking out your stuff.

THAT way, you seem more homely and friendly and welcoming on your first impression. and a better chance of them Actually coming to become part of the community and enjoying it.

You know, rather than saying "Here endeth the lesson." and putting a bunch of emotiocons that say "yea, idiot." No-body wants to get that as a first interaction. whether it meant to come off that way or not.

Being overly friendly on first impressions when talking to someone new goes a long way. adding know it all comments like "end of the lesson" after making a tip to help doesn't. THAT doesn't come off as welcoming. Some people come here intended to be friendly and be part of it, others have to be guided. So guide them. and if they don't budge, then sure, point out things like that immediately. should I add a emotiocon now? FryingpanWackoEgyptiandance
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - Minty - 31-01-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - smudgetaz1 - 01-02-2014 12:44 PM
RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - Ollie - 01-02-2014, 01:29 PM
RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - Minty - 01-02-2014, 02:54 PM