Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Awards for games
13-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Brick Awards for games
Seems that one of the games Ollie played a while ago, "The Last of Us", has done well in the video game Baftas. It does look quite good.

[Image: _73542228_73542227.jpg]

GTAV did well too, naturally.

[Image: GameBaftas2014.jpg]

I am baffled by EA's success in the Sports section. Maybe there's just a lack of competition in the sports games arena, or people just buying annual updates out of habit.

The "Papers, Please" game sounds completely nuts!
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: Awards for games
There's so few sports games anymore, although I'd fancy one of the winter olympics tie ins to get somewhere next year. Surprised GTA V didn't clean the board, & surely Bioshock ought to have won the artistic achievement. I never played it, but it looked stunning.

Will be fun next year with Elder Scrolls Online vs Sims 4 - haha what a doing it's going to get!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
14-03-2014, 04:30 AM
TBH, I don't think The Last of Us should've been considered the best game of the year. Yes it was good, but to me GTA V is much better (although that's just me), I just don't feel TLoU deserves as much praise as it's given. I don't know how to explain it, but to me I just don't think it really deserves to considered the best game. Not saying that I don't like it, but... I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

14-03-2014, 09:35 AM
I guess it depends on the criteria they were using to assess the games. I would have thought that GTAV would have scooped that prize too, but they still won in several other categories. I saw a few snippets of GTAV the other day and the level of detail is really amazing. That Trevor character's a psycho isn't he!