03-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Brand new render showing life stages
HOLY FREAKING JEEBUS! 'Nough said!
http://simscommunity.net/wp-content/uplo...6002_o.png

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Brand new render showing life stages
I'm guessing you mean that in a positive way, Ollie? Are you liking the cartoony styling?

It made me laugh, I'll say that much for it!

[Image: imagejpg1.jpg]

The teenager looks quite normal. The rest are surely auditioning for a Village People tribute band. Biggrin
03-05-2014, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 04:00 PM by Ollie.)
I'm getting used to it, I love it now. I love The Sims 2-esque feel that I get from it. To me it looks more like a Sims game than The Sims 3. I love that teenager and his hair, also the girl sitting on the arm of the couch looks awesome with the outfit. The child looks almost perfect-I think I'd prefer them to be a little smaller, but it'll do.

There's been a few pics/renders released over the past few weeks as well, slowly the SimGuru's working on TS4 have been changing their Twitter profile pics to their Simself's which is cool.

We're supposedly getting more information tomorrow (http://simscommunity.net/the-sims-4-more...is-sunday/ ) but I wouldn't count on it too much. SimsVip mentioned that she'll play it safe and suggested that EA could "officially" release the render tomorrow and and pretend like it doesn't exist for the next 24 hours.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

03-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Seems like you love it and I hate it! That's good, we can cover a full range of opinions Tongue
04-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Congratulations EA on producing a game with graphics slightly inferior to 2007's Medal of Honor Airborne & putting a 2014 pricetag on it.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

Attached File(s) Image(s)

[Image: 135762.jpg]
05-05-2014, 12:13 PM
(That is a motley crew of soldiers!)

So do you think you will get TS4, Minty?

I really don't like the cartoony styling at all so I'm a "no". I've seen people saying that it's the gameplay that matters and not understanding why some people are unhappy with the graphics, but the graphics do matter to me, and I don't see why you shouldn't be able to have decent gameplay and decent graphics in any case. If I liked the cartoon appearance then that would be different, but I don't so that's that. Having said that, if the gameplay was similar and the graphics were similar to TS3, I guess there'd be absolutely no point at all in making TS4, so they had to change something.

Seems like Ollie likes it more and more. I hope you won't be disappointed, Ollie. I will look forward to seeing your TS4 pictures and opinions when it finally comes out.

Here comes today's rant.

One thing that is really annoying me at the moment is the way some simgurus (well, I'm really only thinking of one in particular) keeps making snarky put-downs to fans who are speculating about TS4 on Twitter. If there is a wealth of information provided about a topic, but people don't bother to read it and then come out with inaccurate statements, well then yes they are idiots who should learn to do some research. But when so little information has been provided, and so infrequently, of course people are going to speculate. Having someone 'official' then answer them in the manner of a supercilious headteacher with comments that read to me as "hey, quit speculating you dumb peasant and be satisfied with the tiny scraps of information we have graciously deigned to throw to you" really irritates me. Why not answer their questions instead? That way the correct information can be disseminated among the fans and you will not come across as a snidey person. That is my rant for today.

Sorry for my grumpiness. Maybe I haven't had enough cake.

So, what was the news for the 4th May? I feel like I somehow missed it!
05-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Most of the Simgurus are in need of a holiday in the Dreadfort with Ramsey Snow.

I'm immune to game hype after years of being let down annually by FIFA Manager, promising "better than ever", "improved engine", "you will have to take into perspective player emotions & behaviour habits like never before" & everything else to get you to shell out 40 quid for another disappointment.

I rolled my eyes at Gamer Headlines reporting:- "Even though from the trailers the game doesn’t seem visually breathtaking, what is truly powerful is the engine it runs on and how it has been upgraded. Your virtual avatars will be far different from what you’ve experienced before and could even make you believe they have a mind of their own.

Achieving its highest point in life simulation, the Sims 4 won’t be just the regular simulation experience where you’d have to make your sim complete various everyday tasks, but will be a mind bending puzzle where you’d have to take every emotion and behaviour habits of your sims into perspective in order to make them follow your command."

The same old bullplop I heard for every FIFAM reboot. Won't be fooled again!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
06-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Well, even if that is an accurate description of the how the new game engine will work, I'm not sure I play Sims games for "mind bending" puzzles and my sims already seem to have a "mind of their own".

I just hope that EA give the TS4 fans some more bloody information soon. It's nice to see people excited about it and they've waited ages for new info, so come on EA, let's see some this mind-bending puzzle please.