Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Is it finally time to call it quits?
30-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Is it finally time to call it quits?
So it looks like there have been no posts since November last year, is it finally time to say goodbye to the old Sims Forums?!

I'm happy to keep the site online (it only costs me the domain renewal fees each year) but if nobody is using it, it does seems kind of pointless.

If nobody replies to this for a few months, I'll know it's no longer being used and it's time has finally come!

Cheers,
Matt

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2018, 04:25 PM
RE: Is it finally time to call it quits?
Please don't do that. I am a web developer (game developer though, by heart). Is your site using server hosting? Or is it running on your own server? If the server is run by a server host, would you be willing to transfer the domain and server to me? I have the funds to keep it running and backing to get more traffic here because of my game studio.

You can PM me about it! Smile
I really don't want to see the site go. I made my account back in 2014 and loved the community here. Its *SO* much better than the official sims forums. Everyone here is actually cordial!
02-02-2018, 04:49 PM
(02-02-2018 04:25 PM)residenteviloutbreak Wrote:  Please don't do that. I am a web developer (game developer though, by heart). Is your site using server hosting? Or is it running on your own server? If the server is run by a server host, would you be willing to transfer the domain and server to me? I have the funds to keep it running and backing to get more traffic here because of my game studio.

You can PM me about it! Smile

I really don't want to see the site go. I made my account back in 2014 and loved the community here. Its *SO* much better than the official sims forums. Everyone here is actually cordial!

Thanks for the kind words, it is a nice place! However there just doesn't seem to be any new content and I'm sad to say I think forums have had their day with Reddit, Facebook etc.

I'm afraid I won't be transferring the site to anyone else, there is too much personal information of the users in the database to just pass to someone else (no offence, I'm sure you would do a great job, but you can't be too careful!). It only costs me the price of the domain renewal as it's on a server I use for other sites so if there are a few people who legitimately want it to stay online, I don't have a problem keeping it here.

Cheers,
Matt

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
05-02-2018, 12:58 AM
Hi All! Sorry I've been so quiet, much of it has been waiting to see if anyone else posted first! I can't exactly claim to have the most exciting of lives (Christmas was a disaster thanks to my brother & his family, but that's a whole saga in itself), Caspin has moved to Scotland & is too busy reorganising her new life I guess.

This year or next year we will hear about Sims 5 - it would be ironic to end up pulling the plug only for a week later for the same to happen. As for forums having had their day, my guess is they will be around long after Tumblr & Twitter.

My main game currently is Rocket League. Somehow I am up to Master level, although Disaster would be more accurate. Am I really the only one out there wondering what has happened to the gaming world - once upon a time it was a new fantastic game every year, now you have to wait years & years before a decent new one comes out.

Still can't cook polenta to save myself, before any of you ask!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
05-02-2018, 10:39 PM
It is quiet. I would understand, Matt, if you wanted to let the forum go. I haven't played any video games for months, too busy moving house, moving job, moving whole life! But I'll get back to it one day.

Sometimes I peek in here but don't post, as it might just be me, talking to myself in some weird way.... but I'm still around and about.

(Can send polenta by courier if needed - distance to cover is now short Tongue)
02-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Thanks for your replies. You're right, it is quiet but if Sims 5 does become a thing, maybe we can revive this place a little, that would be nice!

For the sake of a tenner, I'll keep it online.

Thanks folks!
Matt