Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The box artwork
04-06-2014, 08:57 PM
The box artwork
So my little coffee beans, I see that they have released the "artwork" for the TS4 box and here it is!

[Image: imagejpg1-2.jpg]

Ta-da!
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 07:11 PM
RE: The box artwork
There is also a 30-ish second video of leaked gameplay video on Honeywell's site. It includes some stuff seen in the recent build mode video as well as some groups of sims emoting at each other!

Biggrin
05-06-2014, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 10:57 PM by Minty.)
Here's the video people:-

Nice acid trip environment, shame about the Sims.

I notice they've stuck the Margaery Tyrell clone centre on the new cover. Subliminal advertising muchly.

The token black Sim (eight sims & all but 1 white - EA Games, WASPing everything) appears to be checking out Margaery clone's cleavage. Wowsers, stay classy EA, racist & sexist all in one neat package. That's got to be worth a summer load of silly season outrage in the media, at least until EA reminds them the size of their advertising budget & that they can kiss goodbye to their slice of the action if they don't STFU!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
06-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Aw, you and your wowsers and your cynicism Biggrin

I think the box looks OK. It is a shame that they didn't make better use of the new skin tones to show off more diverse sims and also the fact that you are meant to be able to make sims that look like they came from all round the world in the new CAS. Apart from the one granny, they are all adult sims as well - would have been nice to stick a teen or kid into the mix.

They certainly are very stylised and cartoony. If you handed me that box without me knowing it was a Sims game, I'd assume I was being given a Pixar movie to watch. It's quite 'Toy Story' in appearance.
07-06-2014, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 12:44 AM by Ollie.)
I like the new box art, much better than The Sims 3's with the over-cluttered transparent plumbob's with 500 Sims (it's like we get the picture, Sims are more diverse in The Sims 3, no need to really shove it in our face that much). Although I have to agree with you, Caspin, it would've been great to see more ethnic diversity in the box art, as to me that's one of The Sims 4s new strong points. It has this sorta of Sims 2 feel about it, I feel like The Sims 4 is like they just forgot about about The Sims 3 and decided to continue from The Sims 2 again, on somewhat of a different path.
I love the hair styles, being honest, maybe the hair could be a little better, less plasticky, I don't mind too much, because again if the hair was too realistic I don't think it would look right with the art style they are going for. Which is good, because everything in this game appears to be pretty much, graphically consistent.

I really hope that the expansion pack box arts are much more alike The Sims 2, they were just awesome and not overly-cluttered like The Sims 3s expansion pack box arts, in a lot of cases, less can be best, and that just worked with The Sims 2.

I'm kind of wondering if that elderly Lady could be Mrs. Crumplebottom, although I always saw her as wearing brown, grey and creamy colours, like in The Sims 2, not pink if that is her. Maybe I should just stop assuming that every elderly woman I see in The Sims 4 is Mrs. Crumplebottom.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

07-06-2014, 02:56 PM
I think it is Mrs Crumplebottom. If they're going to have the Goths then they've got to have a handbag-wielding maniac old lady - them's the rules!