Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Trusting Desire - An American Historical Romance!
13-07-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: Trusting Desire - An American Historical Romance!
"with your beau" Biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2014, 07:39 PM
HA! Well, they're not quite "beau's" yet, which makes it all the more scandelous. God forbid an unmarried man and woman spend any time together. Dun Dun Duuuuun! Oh, those Victorians.

Gabe does clean up nicely, doesn't he? BeatingHeartBiggrin

Chapter 6.1 is up! This one involved photoshop ... which killed me a little. But I had to make it look right!
13-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Poor Ellie! She should get "wallpapered" immediately, it'll make being at a ball much more bearable! Biggrin
17-07-2014, 06:41 PM
I love that word, "wallpapered!" We should all just get wallpapered all the time. HaveadrinkTongue

Here's Chapter 6, kids!
18-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Yup, there's nothing hotter than a moonlit backside! Biggrin

I'm glad Ellie managed to survive the party and the dancefloor. Clapping
28-07-2014, 10:24 PM
I am reliably informed (as MadameLee would say when she's making something up! Tongue) that gentlemen of the era wore steel cod pieces to avoid any embarrassing situations caused by the ladies backsides being mooned within sight, although the timing of her saying "I hope you're enjoying yourself" sarcastically did have me wondering Shocked

One of the page pictures isn't showing properly, it's appearing as Page 13 & you have to click to view it.

My word, physician's apprentices started when they were 15! Omg These days you're lucky if they let you cut up a bull's eyeball in school science class at that age.

Chapter 7 (which you haven't linked to) is a real beast to read, but there's no way you could have split it. One to go through at least twice to get it (either that or I'm getting ga ga!). Typical Ellie to land herself in it at the end!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
29-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Steel cod pieces eh? Sounds like a terrific idea in a hot country. Nothing like searing hot metal next to the family jewels to keep you under control. Do you remember that Levi jeans advert (from a long time ago) in which a somewhat handsome cowboy-type man was sitting like boys do (with their legs so far apart they really need three seats instead of one) next to a camp fire and the rivets on his jeans heated up and caused him to jump about? That always made me laugh because the advert was promoting the fact that Levi jeans no longer had such hazardous rivets, but I always wondered (a) how many people really sit around camp fires these days and (b) if you did then surely you'd be in just as much danger with metal zips/buttons heating up.

I'm so sorry, what am I rambling on about?! It's Minty's fault.

In other news, we did our first dissection at school when we were about ten. It was a heart. We didn't even have a laboratory in primary school, we just chopped it up on our classroom desks after covering them in sheets and we had to make ourselves plastic ponchos out of big bin bags. And again with the rambling.

I will look forward to reading Chapter 7 tonight. I daren't open it at work in case there are moonlit backsides. I'll save those for a treat later on Tongue
29-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Now I'm all caught up. Shocking lack of moonlit derrières in chapter 7 but the floral teapot (a rival for the whorehouse wallpaper!) and cookie-munching made up for it. If you are going to tell each other dramatic takes, best to have plentiful refreshments on hand.
31-07-2014, 06:33 PM
My apologies! Here is the link to Chapter 7 just for the heck of it. I rescued a puppy (doggie number 2) on Saturday and have been quite aloof since then. He's just so fluffy and adorable! A horrible distraction, lol.

Metal codpieces in the late 1800's, you say? I've never heard of that in my life, haha! Now Elizabethan times, when people just loved donning impractical fashions for (mostly) ridiculous reasons ... that makes a bit more sense. Omg

I first dissected a rat in 7th grade. I remember some of the other kids in the class unraveling the intestines and seeing how long they were. Disgusting. Then, in high school, it was frogs and fetal pigs.

I agree this chapter was a bitch to read and even worse to create, but I figured it was ok to slip in a long one rather than split it in two. BangHeadDizzy-1

Don't worry, Caspin, I'll give you plenty of FLORAL FIXATIONS throughout the entire story *EVIL LAUGH* !
02-08-2014, 04:23 PM
(31-07-2014 06:33 PM)noonibean Wrote:  Don't worry, Caspin, I'll give you plenty of FLORAL FIXATIONS throughout the entire story *EVIL LAUGH* !

Glad to hear it - got to have a bit of chintz!

Biggrin