Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Trusting Desire - An American Historical Romance!
04-08-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: Trusting Desire - An American Historical Romance!
Chapter 8.1 is up! Sorry it's a bit of a snoozer. Ah well, more excitement to come.
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 08:41 PM
"Oh, Ellie, sometimes I find myself thinking very unwholesome thoughts... to feel things a woman notices when she's in the presence of a man she admires."

For Ollie & [removed]'s benefit, this was the type of sentence standard in American society before the invention of the phrase "I'd hit that s**t!" Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
10-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Wow, Jane didn't so much blush at Matthew's fond words as turn radioactive in that chapter! Biggrin

She is very effective at shopping. I feel that I would like to hire her to do mine. I hate shopping. Except for food. And socks.
12-08-2014, 02:20 PM
(07-08-2014 08:41 PM)Minty Wrote:  "I'd hit that s**t!" Biggrin

Just to add - I don't recall ever hearing anyone say this to anyone at any time. Do people really say this? Should I be saying this? I will attempt to work this most charming phrase into everyday conversation and see what the results might be.

Biggrin
12-08-2014, 06:36 PM
HA! Ive heard that phrase many a time, especially here in the US of A. A simple, "I'd tap that," can also suffice.
12-08-2014, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2014 12:57 PM by Caspin.)
Tapping? Crumbs. I know nothing (JS). I will say this phrase loudly and enthusiastically to American colleagues tomorrow and gauge their reactions. Always love a cultural experiment.

Update: I have made the necessary statements to the nearest American. I think "appalled" would describe the reaction quite well. Biggrin
14-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Over here I expect the phrase "fracking" to become a popular nudge-nudge phrase in the next few years.

19-08-2014, 05:24 AM
Chapter 8.2 is up, kids! http://trustingdesire.wordpress.com/chapter-8-2/Biggrin
19-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Ah Miss Tuttle. The innocent bystander. I bet she has a few unwholesome thoughts in her head about tapping before marriage or whatever the youth are calling it these days.

Poor Ellie. She will need to learn to control her emotions. I could teach her a tip or two!

Great stuff Alice. Looking forward to more! Smile
26-08-2014, 10:16 PM
A man being kept from his brisket? By gad sir, this will not do! Biggrin

Don't like that Magnus fella, he's got MCP written all over him.

Poor Ellie getting the bum's rush off Gabriel. Right when she think's it's all working out for her, something comes along to break her stride.