Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hi There!!
06-06-2014, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 06:21 PM by noonibean.)
Hi There!!
Hello, everyone!

First off, let me just say how cool this forum is! (I totally accidentally posted my Blog without seeing this introduction page first--I'm sorry!) But a secure, friendly place to share our passion for The Sims with one another is just awesome.

My name is Alicia, but I go by "Alice" in the writing world. Originally from South Florida, I currently reside in California, where I've taken a break from my music theater roots to pursue a career in romance writing. I absolutely love everything from the 1700's through the Edwardian Age. When I'm not writing, snuggling with my Morkie puppy or at Disneyland ... I'm usually playing the Sims. LOL!

Exciting to be here!
Alice
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: Hi There!!
Hello and welcome! Make yourself comfy. Shall we call you Alice, is that your preference?

I'm Caspin, obviously, which is one of my many nicknames (some of the others are simply not shareable!) and I'm in the UK. I live in London at the moment but grew up in the north of the country. Although I'm a scientist at heart, I really enjoy the arts and in my spare time I love to go to the theatre.

Playing the Sims is a great way to create characters and stories (even if only inside your own head) so I can completely understand an aspiring writer wanting to play the game as a hobby.

We are glad to have you here Smile
06-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Thank for the warm welcome, Miss Casspin! You can totally call me Alice Smile My little sister is currently visiting the UK with her boyfriend and I'm beyond jealous! I have two great married friends in the UK (he's from Scarborough and she is from Hereford.) One of my best writing critique partners is from the UK too.
Wow, a scientist. I have such respect for that. If I was a little more book smart, Iwould have been very interested in either a scientific or medical career. But alas, what I did best was sing and act, haha.
And I agree, the Sims is such a fun creative outlet to escape into another world and see stories come to life through images and action. I'm looking forward to being a part of this awesome community!
07-06-2014, 01:14 AM
Hello Alice,
Welcome to SimsForums, it's great to see another Simmer join here.
California, you say? I've always wanted to travel there, too bad that flights from Australia to America are costly, hopefully when I leave school (which is currently one of the reasons why I only get around to posting on weekends) I shall do a bit of travelling.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

08-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Hello Alice & welcome to Sims Forums. Here's your complimentary glass of wine Haveadrink plumbob 4141155crbst-plumbbob-gif_1_ & pan Fryingpan

California is of course the spiritual homeland of The Sims series & where all true Simmers should aspire to. Failing that, there's always Morecombe. Biggrin

Egyptiandance Clapping Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
09-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Yes! Wine, a plumbob AND a pan! I feel so awesome. Yes, Cali is quite far from the East Coast I'm used to, but I like it a lot. If only I could pick up the state and move it a little to the right, lol. And if only the Sims headquarters was in Los Angeles so I could work for them and play all day... *sigh*
10-06-2014, 08:29 AM
May I ask what a noonibean is? Smile