Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toddlers will NOT be in the base game!
25-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Toddlers will NOT be in the base game!
I just happened to read this rather scary thread today over at the official forums:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/759358.page

Here's this blog the original poster was quoting from:

http://www.thesims.com/news/neighborhood...s-and-more

PissedOff: BangHead

If anyone buys this game at all after seeing that, I will be completely surprised. This is going to BOMB like nothing else!

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Toddlers will NOT be in the base game!
were they actually expecting to get away with that...? So what happens, you just pop out a child? what the hell.
26-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Yeah, this does seem strange, especially after all the trouble they went to boasting about no more babies like larvaes.

But when has anything about TS4 made much sense?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
26-06-2014, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2014 10:10 PM by Caspin.)
Indeed, no toddlers. And no pools also confirmed. Some folk are getting very upset over one or both of these omissions, other folk are getting upset that others are upset.

I confess that as of today all TS4 "news" is likely to do is make me yawn. I'm bored of hearing about the "emotions". I'm bored of seeing scripted not-actual-gameplay type videos and endless sims being created in CAS. At first it did make me sad to see players bickering over a video game and attacking each other for expressing any sort of opinion, but now it's just dull.

I think I'm just going to have to let it all wash over me until they show us a demo of live mode or else September rolls round and we can see the real deal.
30-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Latest bad news:

1. It is still 32 bit.
2. The tram we've seen in videos is just decorative.
01-07-2014, 05:31 AM
Ugh. That's all I have to say.
02-07-2014, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 07:50 PM by Caspin.)
It seems sad that most discussion of this game now centres around what they've left out, rather that what they've included. Maybe it is full of great things, but their reluctance to show gameplay demos does not inspire confidence.

Latest omission seems to be elements of story progression. Townies will age and die, then be replaced by newly generated townies. They will not, however have babies unless you play their household. They will also not autonomously seek employment. So it sounds as though you either have to adopt rotational gameplay in order to have all sims working and having families, or else leave them alone but they will just be background filler. It really has gone back to TS2 gameplay style.

Edit: aaaaaaaand now - no grocery stores.
02-07-2014, 11:36 PM
(30-06-2014 11:08 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Latest bad news:

1. It is still 32 bit.
2. The tram we've seen in videos is just decorative.

Please excuse my American ignorance. What's a "tram"?

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
03-07-2014, 02:10 AM
It's (I assume) what American's call Trolley's or something, like what you have in San Francisco.
I'll admit I'm slowly starting to build up, particularly after I read a comment, ‘What is in The Sims 4?’
It got me thinking.
I'll still buy it, the biggest dissapointment I've faced is the no Toddlers, and I hope to god that they'll be introduced in an update, or worse and actual Generations style ep, which I will get, but fans will be extremely angry. I just really hate their ignorance to say, 'This game needs to be put out ASAP, so were going to cut out this, this and this.'
I'm sure it's not the main Guru's fault (graham, grant, ect. Those who are involved in the community), I'm they would've liked to put a bunch of this stuff, and would've known how hard the community would take this, but with others breathing down their necks, couldn't.
I'd actually like them to delay the game a little further, so they can implement Toddlers and pools, but I doubt it would happen, as it seems like they're starting the testing stages.

Time to watch some CAS videos, they always cheer me up. I love CAS in The Sims 4.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

03-07-2014, 11:48 PM
I have to confess to being astounded at the hostility no toddlers has provoked along with no pools, with petitions being raised & the like. I thought the load screens was far worse, but it could be more a tipping point after a build up of so many disappointments after the other this close to launch day.

Knowing EA they'll put toddler life stages into a Family Life or Generations expansion pack later now they know how much users want it, & charge a pretty penny for the privilege.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]