Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TS4 Live Mode demo (July 2014)
19-07-2014, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2014 05:04 AM by Caspin.)
Tongue TS4 Live Mode demo (July 2014)
OK then, let's see what this game actually looks like (about time, right?!)

Time to view and judge, folks Biggrin

Edit: well, they certainly lived brief lives before dying in a pool of someone else's pee, didn't they! Omg
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2014, 02:44 AM
RE: TS4 Live Mode demo (July 2014)
I was not impressed. The whole thing still seemed somewhat scripted to me.
23-07-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: TS4 Live Mode demo (July 2014)
Hi missdbug, how are you? Smile

Yes it was a pretty weird video to watch, wasn't it. I was hoping to see twenty minutes of actual gameplay, but instead it's a demo that they showed the press at a previous conference. I can see now why some game magazines wrote articles about TS4 being very extreme in its craziness. I mean, if you take out the pauses, loading screens and guru chit-chat, I'd guess that the demo shows less than 20 minutes of gameplay. Two sims walk through a park (inexplicably featuring a lot of trees that look like pink candyfloss), pretending to be "bros", work out for a few minutes at a gym and then hold a house party attended by a vicious dictator who tries to make cupcakes, after which the two playable characters die from giggling and fall into a pool of someone else's piddle. It is just plain weird rather than funny or entertaining. At the end I felt slightly depressed, seeing the sims lying there in a pool of urine.

The CAS demo earlier this month seemed to be well-received and I enjoyed seeing everyone's new sims, but this gameplay video less so. Disappointing that it was some old footage from ages ago. People started talking about how they were afraid that death by laughter was too common, prompting the gurus to say that they'd tuned that video to make sure that the new death would occur, thus confirming that it really isn't representative of actual gameplay. They keep saying not to worry about any bugs and glitches, but that's not acceptable when you've already taken people's money through pre-orders and it is supposed to ship in less than six weeks' time. Why couldn't a guru whip up a video of 15-20 minutes of new, current gameplay to show the fans?

Anyway, my views on TS4 are known. The more information they release, the less impressed I am. I still hope that people who buy it get some enjoyment from it.