Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 system resources
18-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Re: Sims 3 system resources
(17-03-2008 08:55 PM)matl1990sim link Wrote:arnt u people worried about the system requirement for this game because im not buying another computer.
I'm not buying another computer! If there is need to buy a new graphic card, then it's okay, but I hope there isn't, I bought a new one a few months ago and my pc can handle pretty well all kind of games so far... Let's see...
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2008, 07:11 PM
(18-03-2008 07:10 PM)Sara link Wrote:[quote author=matl1990sim link=topic=127.msg2056#msg2056 date=1205783759]
arnt u people worried about the system requirement for this game because im not buying another computer.
I'm not buying another computer! If there is need to buy a new graphic card, then it's okay, but I hope there isn't, I bought a new one a few months ago and my pc can handle pretty well all kind of games so far... Let's see...
[/quote]

Oh there is a good point, we all might only need Graphics Cards, but I have a feeling the Ram needed will be a lot Sad

Coming Soon...
18-03-2008, 07:11 PM
(18-03-2008 07:10 PM)Sara link Wrote:[quote author=matl1990sim link=topic=127.msg2056#msg2056 date=1205783759]
arnt u people worried about the system requirement for this game because im not buying another computer.
[/quote]

I hope you are right

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
18-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I don't even have a computer at the moment anymore, spilled water on my laptopSad But I plan to buy a REALLY fast comp, maybe an alienware one like in my siggy with enough graphic card to do whatever.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
18-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Hmm, my brother and I have cramped EVERYTHING into the laptop, and it has handled . . . I have been also asking my parents (More Begging I would have to say) if we could get a new computer but they won't answer me >.<
18-03-2008, 07:22 PM
(18-03-2008 07:19 PM)Rena link Wrote:Hmm, my brother and I have cramped EVERYTHING into the laptop, and it has handled . . . I have been also asking my parents (More Begging I would have to say) if we could get a new computer but they won't answer me >.<

Maybe you could save up for it, do odd jobs to get the money

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
19-03-2008, 01:20 AM
(18-03-2008 07:14 PM)sims3luva22 link Wrote:I don't even have a computer at the moment anymore, spilled water on my laptopSad But I plan to buy a REALLY fast comp, maybe an alienware one like in my siggy with enough graphic card to do whatever.

I feel your pain. I did the exact same thing.  :o

I'll never buy another laptop until they fix that being able to upgrade video cards issue...they aren't very good, even if they match the system requirements on the box.
19-03-2008, 01:22 AM
I am worried too... I have a new computer, it was made in 2007... but considering the game won't be released any time soon I have my doubts...
19-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Remember though that the TS2, which still looks good even by today's standards, has a minimum processor speed of 800MHz and less than a 500MB of RAM minimum requirement, which was even in 2004 very generous. I think that we will see specs that match today's lowest end PC's. So unless you have have the lowest end PC from more than a year ago, you should be fine. The majority of computers bought in the last four years should work. With Macs you'd most likely need one of the newer Intels or a G5. EA wants the game to reach as many people as possible in order to make sales even greater than the TS2. That being said based on the screens I think the game will only look vastly better than the TS2 I f you have a high end PC/Mac that can support all of the modern lighting effects and high res textures.
19-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Yeah, but have you ever tried to play Sims 2 on 800Mhz and 500mb of ram? Getting a game to turn on and having it playable. I played it on a GeForce 5200, 512mb ram, 1.5ghz laptop and yeah, it was playable, but talk about crawlage.

Maybe you're right. I hope you are. I really want!  ;D