Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 system resources
19-03-2008, 01:54 AM
Re: Sims 3 system resources
I've gone through three brand new laptops since TS2 came out, each way faster than the previous(I now run on 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM, and a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 512MB of VRAM), and the game never really seemed all that much faster, which is a good thing if you look at it form the perspective of the minimum required to run the game well.
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2008, 02:01 AM
It wouldn't be the first time I went out an bought a new computer to play the sims, I doubt it will be the last. lol

However, I have found a couple of things that help. Make sure you've maxed out your video card. And if Sims 2 is already running slow, and afraid Sims 3 won't run......Get yourself an external hard drive. Best 100-200 bucks you'll ever spend.

My sims games sit on my external hard drive. They don't take up space on my computer except for the little extra that goes to my documents in C drive. And my computer stays super fast.  ;D
19-03-2008, 02:02 AM
cant you buy more memory for your computer or you can erase sims 2 and then download sims 3

Lauren
19-03-2008, 02:21 AM
ALL I KNOW IS THAT THE SIMS 3 BETTER WORK ON LAPTOPS  >Sad:-X

&quot;If I cut off your arms and cut off your legs would you still love me anyway?&quot; - Misfits <br /><br />[Image: 2vs1750.jpg]
19-03-2008, 02:25 AM
I should get a new laptop sometime.

Then I'll be all ready for it and I won't have to worry about my other laptops that have killed themselves.

my Sims 2 laptop is REALLY sad... the screen doesn't even work anymore, I have to connect it to a monitor.

~The Great And Powerful Moz<br /><br />tons of info about The Sims 3.<br />http://www.sims3.com/the_sims_3/check_this_out-t976.0.html
19-03-2008, 03:54 AM
i am definetly worried about the system requirments but lets be serious i dont think the developers would make a game that has extremly high system requirment. they need to think about the customers needs too. they should know that all these people dont have alienware type computers and that they need to keep it a little simple. ya know? Wink

[Image: Mommy.jpg]
19-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Im dreading the possiblity of buying another computer
19-03-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm planning on getting a new computer. My current system has trouble running Sims 2, what with all the custom content I've downloaded; no way it'll handle Sims 3, at least not without a serious upgrade.
19-03-2008, 09:36 PM
(18-03-2008 07:14 PM)sims3luva22 link Wrote:I don't even have a computer at the moment anymore, spilled water on my laptopSad But I plan to buy a REALLY fast comp, maybe an alienware one like in my siggy with enough graphic card to do whatever.

haha..i just got a new laptop ( really good one, perfect for high graffics games like oblivion,sims2)
because my mum spilt coke on my old laptop! xD
19-03-2008, 09:39 PM
(19-03-2008 09:36 PM)kailay link Wrote:[quote author=sims3luva22 link=topic=127.msg3923#msg3923 date=1205864070]
I don't even have a computer at the moment anymore, spilled water on my laptopSad But I plan to buy a REALLY fast comp, maybe an alienware one like in my siggy with enough graphic card to do whatever.

haha..i just got a new laptop ( really good one, perfect for high graffics games like oblivion,sims2)
because my mum spilt coke on my old laptop! xD
[/quote]

oooooh~ good good good idea! Maybe I should find a way for my 2 year old nephew to bash my computer without being caught that it was done deliberately...

Who knew that a game would turn people so... evil mischievous?