Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Offical Book Thread :D
07-11-2015, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 10:21 AM by Caspin.)
RE: Offical Book Thread :D
A good time of year to read Ian Rankin I reckon.

My foray is going very slowly. I just have so little spare time at the moment and when I do I don't always feel like doing anything other than mucking about on the computer or staring at the TV. My brain is turning into soup. From what I have read, though, I absolutely love it. When the books first came out I read some reviews from people saying that they didn't like the writing style and that it was difficult to follow the dialogue. I think this is because she doesn't always write "he said" then "she said" then "he said" etc, she just plonks down the conversation on the page. However I find that it is quite apparent who is talking and since most of the characters are called Thomas, writing in their names often would not help! Biggrin

So, yes, slow work, but that's my fault, not the book's.
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Offical Book Thread :D
So is it like; Mr. Thomas, Mrs. Thomas, Thomas, that good lad, Tom the Scoundrel... and Bloody Thomas? Dizzy-1
'The impossible dead' ended very nicely. I prefer resolutions over happy endings anyway.
Quote this message in a reply