Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you ever?
05-12-2015, 01:14 AM
RE: Do you ever?
It's like when I look through my earliest journals. Like most teens I was sullen and disdainful of my parental units, preferring to shut down and scribble in my diary instead of telling my folks what was on my mind. Even worse, when I'd write in adolescent rage I never explained why I was so darn ticked off. So when I leaf through the 'good old days' I find myself shaking my head and saying "Why was I so angry that day?"
I used to think I wasn't a typical teen but now that I look back upon the past I've come to realize I was very typical.

All right, are there any other confessions on the path ahead?
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: Do you ever?
(08-11-2015 03:36 PM)Caspin Wrote:  I think I've said this before but I follow the rule whereby I don't say anything to anyone online that I wouldn't say to the person's face. Being able to use anonymity online to protect your privacy is a good idea but to use it as a way to needlessly offend or bully strangers is not acceptable.

Unfortunately you see it more and more. I can only assume that people have been gleefully awaiting the digital age so that they can throw off all pretence of civility and troll the heck out of anyone they like. Doesn't say much for human beings, does it.

^^^^This x 10000000000000000000000000000.

There's another forum I used to be part of where those in charge encourage trolling because more hits = more ad revenue. It came as no surprise it resulted in blood & snorters once the more persistent ones were identified.

Several ended up with sore faces & in two cases people lost their jobs as a result (one in a university and one a Parliamentary researcher, although considering the MP he was working for was in trouble for cheating on his wife with two RSAMD students, it was ironic he was fired for causing his employer "bad publicity"!).

It also resulted in very unpleasant tabloid headlines when they were caught running troll raids on other forums - they picked the wrong target as the intended victim had friends in high places.

(08-11-2015 03:36 PM)Caspin Wrote:  In other news, I was clearing out a drawer and found a notebook from my youth in which I appear to have written some horrific poems. Thank goodness I was not online at that time of angst. The horror! I was tempted to poke out my own eyes so that I wouldn't have to read it any more! So even back in the day we were in danger of embarrassing ourselves to a great degree!

Something I was never any good at was writing poems, so I have a mild envy of those able to jot down even one. All those stanza, structure & metre rules. I would have had my membership of the Dead Poet's Society revoked within 24 hours!

As to the topic of this thread, can I answer it with the Earl of Rochester about the human condition from birth to death?

Old Age, and Experience, hand in hand,
Lead him to death, and make him understand,
After a Search so painful, and so long,
That all his Life he has been in the wrong

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply