Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Sims 4 Home
16-02-2015, 04:49 AM
My Sims 4 Home
For the past few weeks now, I have been building a mansion in the Sims 4. Well I finally finished it! Yahoo

I wanted to share it with you guys! (:
There are a lot of pictures, so I just put them into an imgur album.
http://imgur.com/gallery/HslYc/new
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: My Sims 4 Home
Very nice! If there's one part of TS4 I thought good, it was making homes is a lot easier, especially the rooms. I remember Rflong said something however about there being parts missing from TS3 which put her off it, can't remember what.

[Image: 135762.jpg]
16-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Looks really good and it is certainly a mansion! I'm terrible at building big houses - I like little ones. There's some nice furniture in The Sims 4 and the building tools do look quite good. It's those trees and the bright colours outdoors that still make my eyes scream.
17-02-2015, 07:47 AM
One thing that they did with the sims 3 that I liked was making it so counter accessories didn't take up a whole grid square--same with floor lamps. Now in the Sims 4, only like two things can fit on a counter compared to the other games, and all floor lamps are make to take up a whole grid square. The floors for that matter...if you lay down a floor tile, you can't press 'ctrl' to switch to destroy the floor tile. You have to get the sledgehammer to do it. But you can use the 'ctrl' when building walls.

Another item I don't like is the foundation.... I thought the Sims 4 became innovated when it came to creating houses.... I guess they haven't. So you can't have different level of houses, meaning if you use a foundation then all of the walls need a foundation. For the outdoor kitchen and shed... I wanted them to be right on the ground, but I couldn't with this rule.

Don't get me started on ceiling... So when a full room is made, it automatically gets a ceiling. However, the ceiling and roof system in this game is so messed up right now. After I finished the house (or so I thought), I went through to take the pictures to only discover that there were many rooms without the automatic ceiling. And of course, you're not able to put in the ceiling tiles yourself. So what I had to do was go to the floor above and put walls to connect the areas that were missing the tiles. Once the tiles then appeared, I had to delete the walls.

Another thing that I don't like is the roofing system. It is still a problem since the game came out. When you slide the roof to connect to the wall, it can glitch by 1) saying that the outer wall does not exist and the wall to the roof is shown 2) pieces of the roof will be shown in the house.
I'll have to find a picture for you to show you the first issue--I currently can't find one ATM Sad

This is problem 2 I was discussing.
[Image: Untitledpngzzzzzzzzz.jpg]

Overall, there was quite a bit of things that I came across that bugged me. But it is still a good game...sometimes. Haha
18-02-2015, 04:58 PM
(17-02-2015 07:47 AM)b1245p Wrote:  One thing that they did with the sims 3 that I liked was making it so counter accessories didn't take up a whole grid square--same with floor lamps. Now in the Sims 4, only like two things can fit on a counter compared to the other games, and all floor lamps are make to take up a whole grid square.

How odd. No wonder there was so much excitement when the MOO cheat was released! Some people like a lot of clutter in their houses and restricting objects to one grid square is quite annoying - a step back to TS2 in that regard.

Roofing is my least favourite part of building, but only because I'm totally rubbish at it! Fortunately in TS3 the auto-roof feature does work reasonably well, so I usually play around with that to have a look at a few roof options before I start on it. I still lament the lack of texture options for roofs - we never did get proper thatch, just a painted-on effect that I don't really like. At least I do now remember the roof - I was one of those people that forgot about them sometimes in TS2 - until we got weather and then it was snowing indoors and all the sims were falling down frozen-solid. Biggrin

I see what you mean about the difficulties with the automated ceiling - and what could go wrong if the ceiling doesn't appear! I guess this might be something to do with the fact that you can now pick up and move (and share) rooms from within a building - they need to make them into self-contained modules to be movable. It's a bit annoying I'm sure. It would have been good to at least provide a ceiling tool so you can add missing tiles without faffing around with the walls.