Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff
09-05-2015, 12:35 PM
The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff
So the other day The Sims on twitter officially confirmed The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack. I am slightly annoyed, hoping that EA/Maxis would drop Stuff Packs altogether, instead focusing on putting time and resources into better Game Packs and Expansion Packs, but oh well. I won't buying it-although that female sims' hair and clothing looks amazing AND OH MY JESUS I NEED DAT IN MAH GAME NOW- um, err sorry about that, anyway I'm not to fussed about they male sims' look, makes me want to vomit TBH.

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/59599...28/photo/1

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this Stuff Pack?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff
Hello,
I'm trying to be more wary about stuff packs with TS4 as I'd like to think I learned my lesson after TS3.
10-05-2015, 03:04 PM
So, EA is yet again recycling old stuff packs from previous games. What an absolute non-shocker. BangHead There will have to be major overhauls with this game before I'll even pretend to consider buying it.

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
10-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Is this pack being made available so that you can dress up international dictators in snazzy gladrags before they die in a pool of their own piddle under a cupcake machine at a house party, presumably while feeling strong emotions?

Yeah, the days of stuff packs should have been numbered. They should have stuck with game packs, as they seemed a happy medium. Presumably this is a way to take in extra cash without having to produce much new content. But we all know that no matter what crap EA produce, someone will buy it.
11-05-2015, 04:05 PM
I'll probably buy it at some point. If it's $10 at launch then I will buy it then, but otherwise I'll wait if it is more expensive. I would hope they sell it for $10 since game packs are $20, but I'm guessing it will be $15.

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
21-05-2015, 02:01 PM
LGR made his review on it. And I'm not surprised at all by it.

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
21-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Hi Roxy, thanks for posting the video - it's always interesting to hear LGR's take on new simming packs, seeing as he is a reviewer who actually plays the game.

For me, this pack looks like terrible value for money. You hardly get anything with it and some of the clothes are spectacular in their ugliness. The suits for male sims are particularly bad - some of them look as though they've been scraped down a rough yet sparkly wall. No doubt some simmers will manage to make some of this stuff look good but it's not appealing to me.
21-05-2015, 06:46 PM
I don't understand how a game with so much player-made content to download can sell stuff packs at all. But well. There's many things I don't understand.
23-05-2015, 02:25 AM
(21-05-2015 03:04 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Hi Roxy, thanks for posting the video - it's always interesting to hear LGR's take on new simming packs, seeing as he is a reviewer who actually plays the game.

For me, this pack looks like terrible value for money. You hardly get anything with it and some of the clothes are spectacular in their ugliness. The suits for male sims are particularly bad - some of them look as though they've been scraped down a rough yet sparkly wall. No doubt some simmers will manage to make some of this stuff look good but it's not appealing to me.

I won't be able to buy this one anyway - it's digital and I have no way of getting cash cards. Origin gets my CC info when FlyingPig!
23-05-2015, 09:54 AM
(21-05-2015 06:46 PM)Wandarine Wrote:  I don't understand how a game with so much player-made content to download can sell stuff packs at all.

Ah well, some people are completionist and like to buy everything available for their game. I can understand that to some extent, but if I had TS4 I'm pretty sure I would never use any of these items so I'd be throwing away the money and bloating my game for nothing. Maybe if I was more prone to dressing sims up in sparkly frocks and sitting them on minimalist bar stools it would be more attractive. In reality I'd rather take the £10 and spend it on a nice lunch.

(23-05-2015 02:25 AM)simspeaker4 Wrote:  I won't be able to buy this one anyway - it's digital and I have no way of getting cash cards. Origin gets my CC info when FlyingPig!

Good point. I've never used Origin and have no particular desire to do so. But I suppose digital is the future. I used Steam happily enough to download Cities: Skylines.