Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rocket League - play football with cars
07-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Rocket League - play football with cars
This is an idea so silly it's genius!

Playing football with stunt cars, so they can do special flips & turns to boost the chance of hitting the ball in the net.

Here's the full promo video.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: Rocket League - play football with cars
My word that is totally nuts! Biggrin

Have you had a go? Are the controls easy to master (keep in mind I have trouble remembering what the four buttons on a playstation controller are for in any given game)?
04-10-2015, 11:04 PM
(08-07-2015 05:25 PM)Caspin Wrote:  My word that is totally nuts! Biggrin

Have you had a go? Are the controls easy to master (keep in mind I have trouble remembering what the four buttons on a playstation controller are for in any given game)?

I gave in & bought it over the weekend. You can play with it using either mouse & keyboard or a game controller - seems to be a lot of debate which is better to use.

The game is as fabulous to play as the promo vids imply. Playing against computer opponents is a lot harder than playing others online I've found - they're more like a demolition derby with the ball occasionally finding their way into the net. The computer cars on the other hand don't mess around even on the Pro level.

No two games are the same, one game you're playing like a moron, the next you've stuck in a hat trick before two minutes are up. I found using the skid to turn & brake very useful, as the action quickly goes end to end despite the ball moving so slowly. All it takes is one car to give it a good hard whack just right & there's a mad chase to stop it going into the net or to stop the other team changing its direction.

I would recommend doing some of the training time to familiarise yourself with the movement of the car & especially the ball physics, before getting stuck into a computer opponent league to give you a taste of the game.

I would say this is one of the MUST HAVE games for this Christmas, or if you want to treat yourself. Very addictive & a lot of laughs from watching the ball being blundered into the back of the net by that opposing car you rammed at high speed moments earlier. Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

10-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Ha! Sounds good fun - I will speak to my brother about this. Smile
31-01-2016, 05:09 PM
I have now played this almost every day since I bought it.

Money's worth much? Yahoo

The ice hockey mod which comes automatic with the game now is a laugh as your vehicle is so much harder to control & the puck a lot faster.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan