Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rachel Franklin manages to anger the fanbase yet again
23-09-2015, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 07:03 PM by RoxyMiller81.)
Rachel Franklin manages to anger the fanbase yet again
Rachel Franklin Interview

I'd suggest having a bucket around or drinking whiskey before reading. Sick

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: Rachel Franklin manages to anger the fanbase yet again
She knows she's in the poo & is trying to talk up the game hoping there will be a Christmas miracle & TS4 will finally achieve the targetted sales, else all she'll be getting from Santa this year is the sack. Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
27-09-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Rachel Franklin manages to anger the fanbase yet again
Urgh, yes, that interview. Mind-blowingly silly.

I could not get my head around someone saying that the open world made them feel less connected. That was just plain weird. One of the things that tempted me to move from Sims 2 to Sims 3 was watching an advert on TV that showed the open world with no loading screens. The advert was about how until that time your sims had been isolated and trapped on one lot at a time, but now they could venture freely out into their world and .... you know .... be connected!

As soon as they make a new iteration, they start saying the older versions were rubbish, even though they made those too. If they do every make a Sims 5, they'll start slagging off Sims 4 at the drop of a hat.

As for the stuff about telemetry. Blimey. She says that they don't want the sims to look too realistic because that would be "creepy" but effectively spying on loads of your fans, many of whom are children, to count how many times they make their sims woohoo is fine? What spectacularly useful data, I don't think.

I don't give a hoot about The Sims 4 and I don't get why people who think toddlers are integral to their gameplay bought it, given that there are no toddlers. That's like saying you absolutely need a cheese sandwich or you simply won't enjoy your lunch, then settling for a slice of plain bread, while paying the full sandwich price. However it's not my job to listen to fans and incorporate their ideas and wishes into the product - it's hers. So if I was a TS4 fan and had been vocally asking for toddlers from the start - as seemingly endless thousands of them have been doing - RF's comments here would really grate.