Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old And New Infomation On The Sims 3
29-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Re: Old And New Infomation On The Sims 3
thanks alot for posting this, there definetly has been stuff i didnt know before!

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2008, 03:45 AM
I was at infinite sims and looked at their "list of information", most of it is what we know but there were a couple of new things also.

****************** From Infinite Sims **********

Sims 3 Facts   
The Sims 3 is the Next Generation of Sims Games from EA. But with all the news and previews, interviews and information what are the actual facts behind the  game which lies hidden amongst all that text. Here is a quick summary of information collected from all those pages of information:

Sims World - Neighborhood

Seamless Neighborhood, no longer will there be multiple neighborhoods such as Down Town, Vacation etc...
Load Time when moving around the neighborhood has been eliminated
A whole town to explore, includes Neighbors, Shops and Recreation
Play pranks on the neighbor
Follow Sims while on their way to work.
The Sims Town is now compared to the engine which runs SimCity, but on a much larger scale
Seasons will be present, and new element included in the game is Wind!

Babies - When is the due date?

Clear objectives in life will be modeled by the traits, such as if the Sims wants to attend tersiary education or if they want to get married.
Traits are passed down to the child, also what the mother does during her pregnancy will affect the child selection of traits.
Looks (CAS) - Sims have changed in the way they look!

Now also includes the Asian Skin Tone
Sims no longer have to have shoes that are fixed to the suite, as with The Sims 2. These are now separate and can be chosen individually.
Weight & Fitness are controlled by sliders, Sims will also gradually get bigger or muscular with the sliders.
Arms & Legs are individually adjustable with sliders.
Clothes are customizable using the CAS screen.

Home - Things that you can do as a family...

All new improved vegetable patches, to grow what ever food you like.

Emotions & Expressions - A new look at the happy and sad in life!

There will no longer be "happy" or "sad", or even "furious", Sims will now have a new range of Emotions which they will follow allowing them to express themselves even more. The concept of a mood bar in the game has been thrown out and replaced with a set of icons which will show how your Sims feel, these are known as moodlets.
Events such as Teenagers First Kiss will make the Happy and Dreamy for a several days
Event such as being fired will make the Sim Gloomy for several days, or until they get a new job.
Special moods such as embarrassed and depressed are also part of the "moodlets" system.

Other - Cool things you didn't know!

The inventory of your Sims has been improved, and will now play a much bigger role in comparison to The Sims 2 - such as storing the personal items for your sims.
Sims will now focus on many new skills, skills will not be static as in The Sims 2.
Custom content will play a very big role, this will allow you to expand your game with out always needing to purchase expansions.
Improved AI allows for better autonomy for your Sims.
Sims have likes and dislikes to certain foods, colors, music and much more.
Clothes and Furniture are now customizable using a range of patterns, you can even add your own patterns!
Did it get in? YES - things you've wanted in the game are now there!

All new modding tools built into the game
Player is now able to pick up items with cursor such as Garbage and Books.

Did it get in? NO - unfortunately it never got in...

No Multi-player
You can't watch your Sims work, or in school, although you can see them going to work. Once they arrive at work they will disappear into the building, and you will only be able to interact with them again once their working hours are finished.
30-03-2008, 04:59 AM
Thanks for that Chelikins! Yes, most was already known but a few things weren't, so muchly appreciated! Big Grin

It mentions wind... I kind of guessed this was in there, but hopefully, because there is going to be wind, the Sims' hair can blow around (they said it would move like something from a conditioner advert!) and their clothes can flow in the wind. And the townies around the Sim your playing will start to hurry with their shopping or whatever activity they're doing and start to hurry home to get out of the blustering wind (I'm picturing really vigorous wind here), same with thunderstorms etc. So they actually react to the weather.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
30-03-2008, 05:18 AM
yes I love wind, so that will be awesome. I wonder if you can list that as something for your sims.. you know like you can list what color they like, food, etc.

I also wonder about the "Babies - When is the due date?", does that mean each pregnancy will be different, like it is in real life.. you know some come a couple weeks early, some a couple weeks late.

Also "Play pranks on the neighbor" will be fun!

"Home - Things that you can do as a family..." wonder if that means like a game night? board games and cards! that would be fun

"Sims will now have a new range of Emotions which they will follow allowing them to express themselves even more." This will be really nice!

"Sims will now have a new range of Emotions which they will follow allowing them to express themselves even more."  All I have to say is awwwwwwwwww! Loves first kiss.. so sweet!

"if the Sims wants to attend tersiary education or if they want to get married." Sounds like Uni is added in to the base play. Cool!

"Custom content will play a very big role, this will allow you to expand your game with out always needing to purchase expansions. " This is a good thing for those of us that are money strapped!

"Sims will now focus on many new skills, skills will not be static as in The Sims 2." I cannot wait to see what new skills there will be.
30-03-2008, 05:33 AM
Confirmed ages: Baby, Children, Adult, Elder.

No Teens? That sucks!

[Image: womapromo21.gif]
<br /><br />(Download Britney Spears New Single &quot;Womanizer&quot; on iTunes October 7th)<br />You Say I'm Crazy, I Got Your Crazy. Your Nothing But A Womanizer<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; *Created By A BreatheHeavyer*
30-03-2008, 05:33 AM
(30-03-2008 05:18 AM)chelikins link Wrote:yes I love wind, so that will be awesome. I wonder if you can list that as something for your sims.. you know like you can list what color they like, food, etc.

I also wonder about the "Babies - When is the due date?", does that mean each pregnancy will be different, like it is in real life.. you know some come a couple weeks early, some a couple weeks late.

Also "Play pranks on the neighbor" will be fun!

"Home - Things that you can do as a family..." wonder if that means like a game night? board games and cards! that would be fun

"Sims will now have a new range of Emotions which they will follow allowing them to express themselves even more." This will be really nice!

"Sims will now have a new range of Emotions which they will follow allowing them to express themselves even more."  All I have to say is awwwwwwwwww! Loves first kiss.. so sweet!

"if the Sims wants to attend tersiary education or if they want to get married." Sounds like Uni is added in to the base play. Cool!

"Custom content will play a very big role, this will allow you to expand your game with out always needing to purchase expansions. " This is a good thing for those of us that are money strapped!

"Sims will now focus on many new skills, skills will not be static as in The Sims 2." I cannot wait to see what new skills there will be.

Before I get onto the things in bold, how do you mean about the weather? Do you mean to say, choose a Sims' favourite weather? Like if they prefer the sun or the snow? Because that would be awesome! ;D

Okay, moving on. The baby thing first. I agree, I would totally love for Sims' to have pregnancies that vary in length! Some babies come early, some come late. But early babies in real life have a risk of dieing? You don't think they'd like, make it possible for Sims to have their newly-borns die, do you? I've thought about it, and I recken it's too much. But possibly miscarriages could be put into consideration.

Secondly, I'd love more family activities! I hope they can have a little game night and things. It would be nice if, say they all played a board game every Friday night, that the family members would recognise that night as the Family night, or whatever, and know that they will be spending time bonding over a board game or whatever that night.

Finally, the custom content thing is a huge relief! My mum will be thrilled to hear this! Though I'll probably still pick up all the EP's lol. But it's still brilliant to hear that CC will play an even larger part in our game.

All good stuff! ;D Will be looking forward to it! Big Grin

30-03-2008, 05:36 AM
(30-03-2008 05:33 AM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:Okay, moving on. The baby thing first. I agree, I would totally love for Sims' to have pregnancies that vary in length! Some babies come early, some come late. But early babies in real life have a risk of dieing? You don't think they'd like, make it possible for Sims to have their newly-borns die, do you? I've thought about it, and I recken it's too much. But possibly miscarriages could be put into consideration.

No, not at all do I mean premies. When  woman is given a due date, she can come 2 weeks early to 2 weeks late as the due date is just an estimate. For instance I was 11 days late while my sister was 9 days early. That is what I meant, sorry if i confused you.
30-03-2008, 05:39 AM
(30-03-2008 03:45 AM)chelikins link Wrote:I was at infinite sims and looked at their "list of information", most of it is what we know but there were a couple of new things also.

****************** From Infinite Sims **********

Sims 3 Facts   
The Sims 3 is the Next Generation of Sims Games from EA. But with all the news and previews, interviews and information what are the actual facts behind the  game which lies hidden amongst all that text. Here is a quick summary of information collected from all those pages of information:

Sims World - Neighborhood

Seamless Neighborhood, no longer will there be multiple neighborhoods such as Down Town, Vacation etc...
Load Time when moving around the neighborhood has been eliminated
A whole town to explore, includes Neighbors, Shops and Recreation
Play pranks on the neighbor
Follow Sims while on their way to work.
The Sims Town is now compared to the engine which runs SimCity, but on a much larger scale
Seasons will be present, and new element included in the game is Wind!

Babies - When is the due date?

Clear objectives in life will be modeled by the traits, such as if the Sims wants to attend tersiary education or if they want to get married.
Traits are passed down to the child, also what the mother does during her pregnancy will affect the child selection of traits.
Looks (CAS) - Sims have changed in the way they look!

Now also includes the Asian Skin Tone
Sims no longer have to have shoes that are fixed to the suite, as with The Sims 2. These are now separate and can be chosen individually.
Weight & Fitness are controlled by sliders, Sims will also gradually get bigger or muscular with the sliders.
Arms & Legs are individually adjustable with sliders.
Clothes are customizable using the CAS screen.

Home - Things that you can do as a family...

All new improved vegetable patches, to grow what ever food you like.

Emotions & Expressions - A new look at the happy and sad in life!

There will no longer be "happy" or "sad", or even "furious", Sims will now have a new range of Emotions which they will follow allowing them to express themselves even more. The concept of a mood bar in the game has been thrown out and replaced with a set of icons which will show how your Sims feel, these are known as moodlets.
Events such as Teenagers First Kiss will make the Happy and Dreamy for a several days
Event such as being fired will make the Sim Gloomy for several days, or until they get a new job.
Special moods such as embarrassed and depressed are also part of the "moodlets" system.

Other - Cool things you didn't know!

The inventory of your Sims has been improved, and will now play a much bigger role in comparison to The Sims 2 - such as storing the personal items for your sims.
Sims will now focus on many new skills, skills will not be static as in The Sims 2.
Custom content will play a very big role, this will allow you to expand your game with out always needing to purchase expansions.
Improved AI allows for better autonomy for your Sims.
Sims have likes and dislikes to certain foods, colors, music and much more.
Clothes and Furniture are now customizable using a range of patterns, you can even add your own patterns!
Did it get in? YES - things you've wanted in the game are now there!

All new modding tools built into the game
Player is now able to pick up items with cursor such as Garbage and Books.

Did it get in? NO - unfortunately it never got in...

No Multi-player
You can't watch your Sims work, or in school, although you can see them going to work. Once they arrive at work they will disappear into the building, and you will only be able to interact with them again once their working hours are finished.
Thanks for the infomation some of this stuff I didn't know. Wink
30-03-2008, 05:42 AM
(30-03-2008 05:36 AM)chelikins link Wrote:[quote author=¢αѕѕιє link=topic=1329.msg26218#msg26218 date=1206851597]
Okay, moving on. The baby thing first. I agree, I would totally love for Sims' to have pregnancies that vary in length! Some babies come early, some come late. But early babies in real life have a risk of dieing? You don't think they'd like, make it possible for Sims to have their newly-borns die, do you? I've thought about it, and I recken it's too much. But possibly miscarriages could be put into consideration.

No, not at all do I mean premies. When  woman is given a due date, she can come 2 weeks early to 2 weeks late as the due date is just an estimate. For instance I was 11 days late while my sister was 9 days early. That is what I meant, sorry if i confused you.
[/quote]

Okay, I think I understand lol. Just in general some babies come a little bit earlier than meant to. That's kind of what I mean though. I was just taking it to the next step by saying about premature births. Wink Smile

30-03-2008, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2008 02:18 PM by chelikins.)
(30-03-2008 05:39 AM)*Eternal Memory* link Wrote:Thanks for the infomation some of this stuff I didn't know. Wink

Me either until I found it, and I know we are all wanting some kind of NEW info so I was a bit HAPPY  ;D when I found it and wanted to make sure to share it with everyone!

and CASSIE, I now understand what you mean. I agree I don't think they would take that big of a step with pregnancies either, with miscarriages or premies.

Also on another part of the Infinite site it said this:

GameStar Facts   
When moving from one house to another and from one house to the city, Sims 3 will no longer experience any loading time.
Objects now have the ability to be placed in 45° angles
The AI engine in The Sims 3 has been completely revised.  Sims will now also take the following points into consideration. Sims will make a decision if something is appropriate before performing an action. Such an event is: A Sim will no longer open the door in their underwear; they will first change before opening the door for their visitor.
EA has taken the players into consideration in the development, and when the game is released it will not require high end graphics as with other games. Although graphics will not be able to be the bare minimum, they will not be extremely high.
Rod Humble has confirmed that The Sims 3 is currently about 60% complete.
Sims 3 will now also support Asian Skin Tones.
Transition between Day and Night will no longer be noticeable. The game will slowly progress the light from Day to Night.
Sims are able to spread gossip around the neighborhood
Sims will now have a likening to certain things such as favorite Food, Color & Music. 

I like number 5...60% done!!  wahooooooooooo!!!!