Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will there be expansion packs???
29-03-2008, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2008 07:16 PM by sillygiggle03.)
Will there be expansion packs???
I really wonder if there will be expansion packs at all...I heard from a magazine that they probrably wouldnt have many if any! They interviewed the designer and he said they wouldnt hold anything purposly to put it in an expansion pack, which means im guessing they'll have puts and stuff like that in the base. The magazine said they're talking about whether or not to have expansions. Does anybody else know if they will ???

Heres the page they talk about  it. Tongue

http://www.emptyforce.net/blog/wp-conten...pg33-2.jpg

Its in the second paragraph.to the left of the big words saying, "it could expand into a seamless world
                                PLEASE HELP! :o

"Good morning starshine!The earth says hello!!!"                                      -Willy Wonka
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Re: Will there be expansion packs???
Where does it actually say they don't know whether to do more EP's? I've read where it says they try to fit as much as possible into the basegame, but I can't find anything that suggests they won't be doing EP's.
But anyway, don't worry, they will be doing EP's for TS3! Without a doubt. They get tons and tons of money from EP's, they couldn't possibly let go of them. It keeps people interested, after all.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
29-03-2008, 08:01 PM
i copied this from another post.....

cyan971

Re: The neighborhood seems pretty large.
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:25:24 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: elm1230 on Today at 05:51:09 AM
If you look at pics of the town you'll notice that the town section isn't but,so big.Theres the small section with the bistro,clothng store,book store,blah blah.Then the only thing that you see are houses.Now theres 96 lots.So I guess my point is should'nt there be more entertainment places in the town?And I know the game doesn't come out till 09 but,just wondering.

i read  on the snooty sims there will be about 97 different lots in the single neibourhood that will be shiped whit the game. it seems that there will even be posibility that the Nhood can expand by users and/or by expansionpacks.

sounds intrestintg no?
29-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I think the quote from the articles mean there definitely will be expansion packs. They say that they don't hold anything back and try to put as much in as possible, but at some point they've gotten ship the game. You can't work on a game for ten years before you ship. They've been in development for a few years now so whatever they can get in by the release date is what we'll get.

Then new features with expansion packs. That's the way its always been...and it will continue with The Sims 3.
30-03-2008, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2008 02:51 AM by sillygiggle03.)
(29-03-2008 07:17 PM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:Where does it actually say they don't know whether to do more EP's? I've read where it says they try to fit as much as possible into the basegame, but I can't find anything that suggests they won't be doing EP's.
But anyway, don't worry, they will be doing EP's for TS3! Without a doubt. They get tons and tons of money from EP's, they couldn't possibly let go of them. It keeps people interested, after all.

Well the reason i thought they didnt want EPs was because they said " what theyre not talking about is expansion packs..." but i guess u have a point because they never really declared they wouldnt make EPs at all.  And they do make a lot of money from it.Thanks for helping!

"Good morning starshine!The earth says hello!!!"                                      -Willy Wonka
30-03-2008, 06:02 AM
(29-03-2008 07:17 PM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:Where does it actually say they don't know whether to do more EP's? I've read where it says they try to fit as much as possible into the basegame, but I can't find anything that suggests they won't be doing EP's.
i want there to be but i wonder how much they would cost??? ??? ??? ??? ???
30-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Games prices will probably be what they are now.

Premium games go for around $50 dollars these days. Expansions will still be around $30. At least that's what I predict.
30-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I hope it will be EP's, because that gets my sims new stuff Smile
And that makes it more fun to play the weeks after.
30-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Exactly. It gives us something to anticipate and it keeps the audience playing.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]