Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Word On Height?
14-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Any Word On Height?
Everybody in the Sims 2 is the same height, which is weird as I am 6'5" and my wife is 5'3" and we like to play the game together. I'm loving everything I'm I'm hearing so far about the Sims 3, but I haven't heard anything about a height slider. It's killing me that this wont be out for another year, but atleast that gives me time to save up for a new computer. Geforce 9600 GT only $179 now!
Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Re: Any Word On Height?
I agree.
I really want to know if we can choose height or not.
14-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I would have to think if you can go from a size 0 to a size 28 you can go from short to tall.

We are witnessing real history with the 2008 presidential election. Make sure you vote and actually be part of the history!
14-03-2008, 08:08 PM
It would be a good idea to put in The Sims 3. To change your height. Because then your Sims really look different!  Big Grin

I can't wait for The Sims 3!
14-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Wow, you're almost like my friend Ash and her fiance, he's 6'7" and she's 5'1" very odd combo but they are adorable together ;D

I would hope they would allow that, though, when I saw the screen shots it looked like everyone was about the same height, just differences in weight. It would be cool to have height and weight appropriate sims that can pass it down genetically. My only concern is that EAaxis doesn't want to confuse us simmers with an adult sim being a pre-teen, teen, or child.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
14-03-2008, 08:35 PM
it's would be splendid if we could make little peoples and giants. i advocate the addition of this feature Wink

I'm simalicious... my sims stay vicious... they be up in da gym just workin on they fitness, bella mah witness...
14-03-2008, 08:39 PM
There's also the technical problems with heights.  With weight changes they can still use the same models and animations, just make the sim look fatter/skinnier.  With heights, the animations would all need to change as the height changes.  Otherwise, say while preparing a meal on the counter, a tall sim's hands may be in the air and a short one may have their hands inside of it.  Of course they could design the game to dynamically alter the animations but that gets complicated.  The easiest option if they allow heigh changes would be to allow sims to be "short" "average" or "tall" to limit the number of variations.  But with them wanting to make everything as flexible as possible, maybe they will put in the effort to do more.

It would be pretty amazing to see.
14-03-2008, 08:47 PM
To be honest, I think that's the main thing they're working on for the game, and it's probably their biggest challenge.  In the screenshots we've seen so far, the sims are all the same height AND there are no children.  Remember, we simmers also want children to grow as they age, as well as having height variety, so to skim over this would be a big deal. 
14-03-2008, 08:48 PM
The pics are great! Thank you for posting...
i'm reading the info in one of them!
;D
14-03-2008, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2008 10:17 AM by BlondBimbo.)
(14-03-2008 08:48 PM)erika link Wrote:The pics are great! Thank you for posting...
i'm reading the info in one of them!
;D

Hi!
May I ask you which pictures you mean?  Wink

-'BlondBimbo

[center] [color=pink]Click here to visit my Flickr-account![/center]<br /><br />[center][Image: 4551831341_6aed0dc01d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4117563128_9c3c280b5d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4450527842_a3542a1668_s.jpg]
[Image: 4502276389_3bd7c60509_s.jpg]
[Image: 4412261932_ee7ddeaa85_s.jpg]
<br /><br />[color=pink]Follow me on Twitter: <br />[b]@MelissaDTH<br />@Amirightband[/center]