Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My theory on how they will handle the "aging together"
17-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Re: My theory on how they will handle...
(17-03-2008 10:09 PM)Munsta link Wrote:Pffft, let's hope you don't run into Crumplebottom and her handbag then  Big Grin

ROFL
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Re: My theory on how they will handle the "aging together"
I like how to put it..."seamless neighborhood".
My hope is for my sims to be able to run across the town to say Hi to a friend, and then go back.
That would probably work with your rabbit hole theory, and I think thats how they'll do it anyway.
-hopes for rabbit holes-
17-03-2008, 10:27 PM
hmm maybe you might be onto something, maybe not universal aging but universal co-existing and easy to pop in and pick up where they are.. doing things on their own but don't actually progress unless you play them? IE. the dormies go to school etc.. co-exist between the playable and not, but don't actually progress until they become a playable sim.. That I could live with.. universal co-existance, but not universal aging..
17-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I think it may or may not be like rabbit holes. From reading the articles, I think you will be able to peer in (maybe get caught) in at other sims. They say you can spy, or knock so I'm positive you can't just walk in. But a lot of the times in Uni you could'nt see EVERYTHING they did unless the camera was posistioned a certain way and they would just stand there until they were hungry, or had to pee.

But I think we may have an option for universal aging because some people (no offense because I can be one as well) are natural control freaks and may not want that option.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
17-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Re: My theory on how they will handle the &quot;aging together&quot;
lol I like to control yes.. I like to watch.. but I want to be a part of my sims actual progressions.. so universal aging isn't something I am for.. lol It will be my new banner, universal events and universal co-existance but please no universal aging.. or at least an option to either default it as off or on by a control panel not a typed cheat.

I am one of those that ends up with almost 200 families in the hood.. that would be scary to see my sims die without me..

lol on the other hand.. I wonder if this eliminates the need for townies????????????
17-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I find it rather interesting that, the other sims age while you're aging, I think it's awsome Big Grin

If you don't babble, you can't get set-up.
17-03-2008, 10:56 PM
That would be awesome!!  ;D

Why live life when you can play it?
18-03-2008, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2008 03:32 AM by Verno77.)
Here are a few ideas I made/noticed…

-Focus on one household while others are in “auto-pilot”
-Easy switching between households
-Warnings of other sims activities
-Slower ageing
-Cameras of what other sims are doing
-Ability to redo certain amount of time

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..
18-03-2008, 03:20 AM
That does make sense

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
18-03-2008, 03:30 AM
This is like the third time I've given my thought on this topic
In order for Universal time to work there needs to be easy switching between the households. With alerts and all that. Since it is a seamless neighborhood with no separate lots that require loading to switch to, it should go like...
  • Game starts
  • Choose household to play
  • Neighborhood loads
  • Play as any sim in the selected household and switch between them as in sims 1&2
  • pause game zoom out a little and click on another playable house
  • Message appears asking if you want to switch households, click yes
  • Game unfreezes and you are in control of the other household with out loading
  • No time was lost in switch
  • other household goes into auto pilot