no
i hate it
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
harry potter?
01-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Re: harry potter?
Well, they are already doing two movies for Deatly Hallows lol! Big Grin Wonder where they'll split it?

I'm thinking:

When Ron leaves Harry and Hermione
When Xenophillius Lovegood says "Are you refferring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?" Duh Dah DUH! ;D
Or at the Malfoy Manor, when they nearly die.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Malfoy Manor. That way there would be a cliffhanger. lol

-Supergeek

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
02-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah I though that, but my friends who have actually read the book disagree and say it should be where Ron leaves Harry and Hermy and goes back to the Burrow. But I think the "Are you refferring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?" is also a cool line to end it, too. Well, either way, I think all of them are good, but I prefer Malfoy Manor, too. That chapter made me cry when you-know-who (not Voldemort) got stabbed, and they made you-know-who a grave. :'(  And Ron calling for Hermione made me upset, too. I'm way over-emotional, I totally know, no need to point it out! Wink Big Grin

02-04-2008, 12:17 AM
(01-04-2008 11:39 PM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:I've made some R/Hr videos in the past too! Once again, too scared to put them online. However, I've been working on one in particular in the holidays, and if it carries on working out the way it is, I might actually consider letting other people see it on YouTube. Smile

Well definitely let me know if you do. I'd love to see it! And, again, don't worry about what others say. What if Jo hadn't written Harry Potter because she thought others may not like it? Wink

dateline= Wrote:They really are my favourite couple ever. I ship quite a few couples, both Ron and Hermione and Harry and Ginny, the two cannon ones, but I also wanted Luna and Neville together. I just loved the pair of them so much. Neville was so brave at the end of the book, when he... well, I won't say, I might start PM-ing you so we can talk properly, but it had something to do with Nagini. Wink And LUNA! Well, she just rocks my raddish earrings! Big Grin

Same here. I remember the many hours spent arguing about ships and supporting mine. I was all for Ron and Hermione and Harry and Ginny. I also sort of supported Luna and Neville, but after a while Jo debunked that one.

PM away Smile It's hard to hold a conversation when you have to avoid saying things as to not spoil it for others.

I love that! 'Rocks my raddish earrings'...totally fitting Wink

dateline= Wrote:And you mentioned about Hogwarts being real, and it kind of just brought a story into my head. When I was 11, before I started Secondary School, I actually wrote my own letter inviting me to Hogwarts in September. :Smile I wrote it just like it was to Harry in the book! And the address involved "the 2nd bedroom on the 1st floor" or something of the like. I know. I really was, and still am, a complete and utter dork. :Smile I posted it through my letterbox, too...

That's so adorable Smile Haha. I've done something along those lines. In fact, I bet I still have it saved to my computer Wink HP dorks unite! Haha... Big Grin

dateline= Wrote:About the venting, if you don't mind, I might have to have a little vent... it depends how things work out in the next couple of days. I'm quite cool with things at the moment, but if I need to, I will send you a PM, if that's okay. Things aren't too bad at the moment, thankfully. Smile

Vent away. I know how helpful it can be. I'm eternally grateful to a girl I met on an HP forum (ironically) for letting me know I could talk to her anytime about...anything! I took her up on her offer and it made me feel LOADS better. So feel free to vent...venting's good for the soul Wink Haha.

dateline= Wrote:Moving on to the premieres, when I was reading that you GOT A KISS FROM RUPERT GRINT! HOLY MACARONI! I SCREAMED!
Sorry for the capitals, but you have no idea how jealous I am. That's it, I'm determined to get a kiss off Rupe now! No way he's getting away from me. I'll pin him to me and plant one on him whether he likes it or not... well, if he ever does give me a kiss, that's what I'll be wanting to do. You are so unbelievably lucky! You have autographs and everything I ever wanted and still haven't got lol. I shall not give up hope lol! I'm getting at least one this year. If you're going to the HBP premier, would you be willing to camp out early so you could be near to front so you would definitely get autographs (and a kiss or two from Rupert, Tom and Dan.. oh, and the Phelp twins, I love them too... I'm a Weasley at heart!)? I'd love to do that.

Alright, I'm hunting Rupert down as we speak and demanding he kiss you Wink

I'd love to do that, too Smile Most definitely Wink

dateline= Wrote:And about the tickets, do you know when they're on sale? And how much they cost? If you could tell me I'd really appeciate it. Big Grin

I don't know right now, but I'll look into it and let you know as soon as I find out.

dateline= Wrote:And finally, about the book reading... same, again! I read it entirely on Friday Night, and finished at 8:37am on Saturday morning (yes, I saved the exact time of finishing on the computer, I always planned to do this). People think people like me and you are mad for reading books like we do, cover-to-cover, in a night. They have no idea how easy it is, either. When you're really devoted to Harry Potter, you could read it every minute of every day and never get bored or want to sleep. At least, I wouldn't. I once read books 1-5 (books 6 and 7 hadn't been released) in three days, with about 2 hours sleep all together. ;D

Agreed Smile You become immersed in the book(s) and reality just fades away.

dateline= Wrote:Oh well, I'll calm down with my huge posts now lol. But once again, can I just add,

RUPERT GRINT KISSED YOU AND I AM EXTREMELY JEALOUS! Big Grin

No worries. I like huge posts Smile Gives me something to actually respond to Wink

Again, I'm hunting him down for you... Wink

(01-04-2008 11:38 PM)Supergeek to the rescue! link Wrote:I know! It should only be out for a week, so it'd be a collector's item!

I'd totally get it!!

(01-04-2008 11:41 PM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:And about the epilogue... great idea! The one in book 7 was really dissapointing, to be honest. At least we met the kiddies though! Big Grin
She's releasing the encyclopedia soon though, I saw a picture I think, so at least we have that to look forward to! Admittedly not as good as a new book, but... she hasn't given up on an 8th book. She said she doubted it, but she'd never say never! ;D

Most definitely! The epilogue was very disappointing. I would love Jo FOREVER if she surprised us with an 8th book. Granted, there's not a lot she could do with it, as...well, I won't spoil it, but...you know. Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
02-04-2008, 12:50 AM
About the video, I will definitely let you know, I promise. Wink And what you said about Jo never writing HP because she'd be worried people wouldn't like it, that is so true. You've made me feel a lot better about putting it online now! Big Grin Thank you! And let's all just take a moment to thank the heavens above that Jo didn't think that way, other wise we'd never have our blessed obsession that is our life! :Smile ;D *Takes a moment to thank Jo, my idol, for not being stupid like me, and having the greatest mind ever*

And about the shipping arguments, me too! Those H/Hr Shippers can be very annoying and seriously stubborn, can't they? The insults they threw at Ron in particular. I don't even want to say them because it's just not right. Poor Won-Won deserves much better than that. I can't believe some people call themselves fans the way they treat some characters! I adore Ron and Hermione together, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start poking at Harry with my pitchfork! :Smile

And I will deffintely PM you pretty soon Wink It's pretty late here, 12:40am, so I'm going to bed in a while. But I will tomorrow. Smile

And about Luna rocking my raddish earrings, well she does wear them in the book, so it has kind of just become my little saying for her.  Smile Did you know Evanna Lynch made her own raddish earrings for Luna to wear in OOTP? Big Grin That's why I just love Evanna. She's one of us. She read the book overnight like we did, and she still goes on Mugglenet and The Leaky Cauldron everyday, too!

About Rupert... I'm going to marry him one day, so I'll be patient! Big Grin Feel free to hunt him down for me if you like, it'd be much appreciated and it would make the waiting time for our meeting a lot less! If only he knew he was going to meet his future wife this year! Big Grin :Smile
And I'm so glad you would like to camp out! Big Grin I've always wanted to do this. It's great that I've actually got a friend who actually wants to go to the premieres and do crazy stuff like camp out for it! Big Grin Sure my friends read the books, and they do like them, but they would never do anything like this!
Who did you go with when you went to the GoF and OOTP premiers if you don't mind my asking? Was it friends or family? I'm going with a friend, but she doesn't really like Harry Potter, but she is one of my better friends who I know will enjoy it all the same.

Oh, thank you for looking into it for me! Wink It'd really help me and my mum out, so she knows how much money we're dealing with. And I want to be one of the first to grab tickets too, so thank you, I really appreciate it! Wink Smile

And I agree, you get just too engrossed in the books to care about the bad side of reality. It always takes me away somewhere magical when I've had a bad day. Smile

And about the 8th book, I agree there's not much she could do with it. I want her to leave the trio alone, though. Maybe do something about Albus Severus, James, Hugo, Rose, Teddy and Scorpius etc. Oh btw, I've also read many threads about Rose and Scorpius together when they're older, and I think it's so cute! A Weasley and a Malfoy in love! :o Big Grin

Or she could so some missing scenes that people have been gagging to know what happened in. There's loads of Ron and Hermione possible moments here, too. Smile

02-04-2008, 12:52 AM
(02-04-2008 12:17 AM)Bambi is Wonder Doe link Wrote:[quote author=Supergeek to the rescue! link=topic=1410.msg27876#msg27876 date=1207089498]
I know! It should only be out for a week, so it'd be a collector's item!

I'd totally get it!!
[/quote]

I know, me too!

02-04-2008, 01:16 AM
(02-04-2008 12:52 AM)Supergeek to the rescue! link Wrote:[quote author=Bambi is Wonder Doe link=topic=1410.msg27898#msg27898 date=1207091878]
[quote author=Supergeek to the rescue! link=topic=1410.msg27876#msg27876 date=1207089498]
I know! It should only be out for a week, so it'd be a collector's item!

I'd totally get it!!
[/quote]

I know, me too!
[/quote]

Me three! Anything with the words 'Harry' and 'Potter' in there and it's mine! Big Grin

02-04-2008, 02:25 AM
lol Anything related to Harry Potter gets my attention.

-Supergeek

02-04-2008, 03:00 AM
(02-04-2008 12:50 AM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:About the video, I will definitely let you know, I promise. Wink And what you said about Jo never writing HP because she'd be worried people wouldn't like it, that is so true. You've made me feel a lot better about putting it online now! Big Grin Thank you!

Anytime Smile Just think about how horrible it would be...scratch that - don't think about it. It's too horrible!! Wink

dateline= Wrote:And let's all just take a moment to thank the heavens above that Jo didn't think that way, other wise we'd never have our blessed obsession that is our life! :Smile ;D *Takes a moment to thank Jo, my idol, for not being stupid like me, and having the greatest mind ever*

Agreed Smile We should send one of those triple-sized thank you cards to Jo. Maybe it could be a music card...yes, I think she would enjoy that Wink

To think where I would be without HP...what would I have done with all that TIME? And where could I escape to when I've had a long day?? Oh, the horror...

dateline= Wrote:And about the shipping arguments, me too! Those H/Hr Shippers can be very annoying and seriously stubborn, can't they? The insults they threw at Ron in particular. I don't even want to say them because it's just not right. Poor Won-Won deserves much better than that. I can't believe some people call themselves fans the way they treat some characters! I adore Ron and Hermione together, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start poking at Harry with my pitchfork! :Smile

Yes, those H/Hr shippers can be quite rude. I don't want to go into it, as there's no one really arguing for them on here, but the Harry and Hermione relationship idea was debunked from day one. Why couldn't the shippers just accept that?? Poor Won-Won, indeed. What'd he ever do to them? I just can't believe people who thought Harry and Hermione belonged together called themselves fans...if they didn't even read the books properly, how can they be in love with the series?

And, same here, I've never attacked Harry while supporting R/Hr. There's really no point to it.

dateline= Wrote:And I will deffintely PM you pretty soon Wink It's pretty late here, 12:40am, so I'm going to bed in a while. But I will tomorrow. Smile

Sweet Smile Wow, it's only 9:45 here, and it took me a while to get to your post. So you probably posted around 8:30 my time. Oh, how I miss England... Sad

dateline= Wrote:And about Luna rocking my raddish earrings, well she does wear them in the book, so it has kind of just become my little saying for her.  Smile Did you know Evanna Lynch made her own raddish earrings for Luna to wear in OOTP? Big Grin That's why I just love Evanna. She's one of us. She read the book overnight like we did, and she still goes on Mugglenet and The Leaky Cauldron everyday, too!

Well, I think that's very clever. Yes, I heard about Evanna making the earrings...I thought that was too cute. She really is a loyal fan - I'm SO glad she got the part. She played Luna extremely well, too...it was just as I pictured her Wink

dateline= Wrote:About Rupert... I'm going to marry him one day, so I'll be patient! Big Grin Feel free to hunt him down for me if you like, it'd be much appreciated and it would make the waiting time for our meeting a lot less! If only he knew he was going to meet his future wife this year! Big Grin :Smile

He's a lucky duck Smile It usually takes people a while to find 'the one'. Here he finds 'the one' before he turns 20! (which is this year Wink) Craziness Smile

dateline= Wrote:And I'm so glad you would like to camp out! Big Grin I've always wanted to do this. It's great that I've actually got a friend who actually wants to go to the premieres and do crazy stuff like camp out for it! Big Grin Sure my friends read the books, and they do like them, but they would never do anything like this!
Who did you go with when you went to the GoF and OOTP premiers if you don't mind my asking? Was it friends or family? I'm going with a friend, but she doesn't really like Harry Potter, but she is one of my better friends who I know will enjoy it all the same.

Same here...I only have two friends who are really in to HP, but I don't think either of them would camp out for anything. Heck, they didn't even buy the books the night of their release!

I went with my sister, Kara Rose, and our mutual best friend, Lindsey, to the GoF premiere. For the OotP premiere, I took Kara and our other friend, Courtney. My aunt and her friend also tagged along, but they didn't really hang out with us.

dateline= Wrote:Oh, thank you for looking into it for me! Wink It'd really help me and my mum out, so she knows how much money we're dealing with. And I want to be one of the first to grab tickets too, so thank you, I really appreciate it! Wink Smile

Well I definately hope you can make it! I think my uncle will be buying the tickets again this year, and he usually buys them early. So as soon as he finds out I'll let you know. (Wow, I can't believe the next movie comes out this year...amazing!)

dateline= Wrote:And I agree, you get just too engrossed in the books to care about the bad side of reality. It always takes me away somewhere magical when I've had a bad day. Smile

I don't mind losing myself in a good book. I always picture something like Alice in Wonderland when I read...as soon as I start a good book, I fall down the rabbit hole, so to speak Wink I love escaping after a particularly bad day, as well Wink

dateline= Wrote:And about the 8th book, I agree there's not much she could do with it. I want her to leave the trio alone, though. Maybe do something about Albus Severus, James, Hugo, Rose, Teddy and Scorpius etc. Oh btw, I've also read many threads about Rose and Scorpius together when they're older, and I think it's so cute! A Weasley and a Malfoy in love! :o Big Grin

True...that would be nice Smile Although it wouldn't really fit in with the 'Harry Potter and the...' theme Jo has going on. That sort of thing would mean a new series. Which I'm not really opposed to, I guess Wink But I would love an inbetween book describing what happened to everyone before they had their children, especially with Ron and Hermione - lots of 'special moments'. I don't think it'd be very exciting, but it'd give me some 'closure', if you would.

dateline= Wrote:Or she could so some missing scenes that people have been gagging to know what happened in. There's loads of Ron and Hermione possible moments here, too. Smile

Haha I totally just said that Smile Again, it's creepy how alike we are. But awesome, nonetheless Big Grin

02-04-2008, 02:28 PM
(02-04-2008 02:25 AM)Supergeek to the rescue! link Wrote:lol Anything related to Harry Potter gets my attention.

-Supergeek

Same here Smile Hopefully I live here long enough to visit the Harry Potter theme park by/in Universal.