Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Holidays
01-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Re: Holidays
Personally I don't think there should be any holidays, unless they're extremely well-known (Christmas and New Year etc.). Most things such as Thanksgiving are not celebrated across the world, and so it wouldn't be fair, and some people wouldn't understand it's meaning. It's just like saying, we'll add in Guy Fox Night/Burn Night. Who's heard of it except us Scots? Other holidays such as Mothers Day are celebrated on different days in different places, the US Mothers Day is still to come, whereas ours has already passed. I just think that holidays would really be confusing and are unnecessary.

-Benji :-*

"Oh no, they're breakdance-fighting!" - Zoolander
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Re: Holidays
(01-04-2008 12:01 AM)Benji link Wrote:Personally I don't think there should be any holidays, unless they're extremely well-known (Christmas and New Year etc.). Most things such as Thanksgiving are not celebrated across the world, and so it wouldn't be fair, and some people wouldn't understand it's meaning. It's just like saying, we'll add in Guy Fox Night/Burn Night. Who's heard of it except us Scots? Other holidays such as Mothers Day are celebrated on different days in different places, the US Mothers Day is still to come, whereas ours has already passed. I just think that holidays would really be confusing and are unnecessary.

-Benji :-*

I can't seem to communicate that I don't mean having those holidays with ACTUAL names. Just a common holiday "translated" if you will into a thing our little sims can understand. Thanksgiving doesn't have to be called anything like it, it could just be a family gathering where you could have everyone over and (maybe special interactions like grandmas squeezing cheeks) then have a meal afterwards.

I am NOT suggesting filling the game with American holidays that no one knows about. Just adding a little bit of celebration to the game. I just know that I'm always depressed when it snows and I can't have any resembling a christmas celebration. I want their to be traditions that the sims can act out. They don't have to be from any holiday in existence. Could be COMPLETELY made up for our sims use only.
Quote this message in a reply