Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Videos!!
30-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Re: Videos!!
This is a quote from Mr Bell.

-- "We're going to be releasing world-building tools," says Bell, "advanced tools definitely for the modding community. On TheSims3.com, there'll be an exchange where you can download towns from other players.".... Godat hints at how the exchange might operate: "People put hundreds of thousands of Half-Life maps out on the internet. The Web has a way of giving them a star rating, and people go and download the five-star maps-- it's the same kind of thing here. We know that people are gonna go and build new versions of our buildings. We can elevate these things through our connection to the community--find some way to tell a player that, 'Yes, this building slows your game down.' Find some other way to let them find the content that they're really excited about and tell that story they want to tell. That's what keeps it going for so many years.'"

Sounds like it will be included to me.
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks for that Heather! Big Grin It sounds that way to me, too. I never really thought for a moment they'd take it out, though. It's really important to many players and it'd be too much of a loss to remove it from the game.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
31-03-2008, 12:16 AM
(30-03-2008 10:23 PM)heather link Wrote:This is a quote from Mr Bell.

-- "We're going to be releasing world-building tools," says Bell, "advanced tools definitely for the modding community. On TheSims3.com, there'll be an exchange where you can download towns from other players.".... Godat hints at how the exchange might operate: "People put hundreds of thousands of Half-Life maps out on the internet. The Web has a way of giving them a star rating, and people go and download the five-star maps-- it's the same kind of thing here. We know that people are gonna go and build new versions of our buildings. We can elevate these things through our connection to the community--find some way to tell a player that, 'Yes, this building slows your game down.' Find some other way to let them find the content that they're really excited about and tell that story they want to tell. That's what keeps it going for so many years.'"

Sounds like it will be included to me.

"Hooray!" for you! Here's some karma Smile

[Image: Copyofsims3-1.jpg]
[Image: mz_4341450_bodyshot_175x233-2.gif]
31-03-2008, 01:11 AM
(30-03-2008 10:05 PM)AJSimBoy21 link Wrote:I know that in The Sims 2, you can make videos and take pictures for Sims Stories and Sims Movies but do you think that The Sims 3 will have all of those tolls so you can do the same things, If not then that'll suck really bad because that's why some people are still holding on to The Sims 2 game till this day!
they would not just take it out
31-03-2008, 11:52 PM
if they took it out, i would be sooooo ticked off. they HAVE to. i swear to god, i will... SUE if they don't.

Tick tock. Tick tock.<br />Only so long before my head explodes in anticipation of TS3. Big Grin
31-03-2008, 11:56 PM
They're keeping the photos tool, why not the storytelling, or the film making? I say they'll have even more ideas Big Grin

-Benji :-*

&quot;Oh no, they're breakdance-fighting!&quot; - Zoolander