Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interactive weather
01-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Interactive weather
I think the weather should be more interactive. Something I saw was really disturbed. My brother placed a computer outside and it started raining. Normally a computer would be destroyed but it didn't happen. The computer sat in the rain for days and never broke.

Plants don't die during the fall. Flowerbeds were useless and I never put them back up when I loaded up the seasons expansion. They don't regrow, give seeds.... Nothing. They just sit in the snow and make it very difficulty to water them. Then during the spring instead waiting to plant new flowerbeds you have to dispose of the old ones.

I understood no universal time but no universal seasons was not so great. That got on my nerves to have one house in the summer and the other in the winter.

Never settle for less!
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Re: Interactive weather
yea that was really annoying

Tick tock. Tick tock.<br />Only so long before my head explodes in anticipation of TS3. Big Grin
01-04-2008, 03:13 AM
That's a great idea.I like interactive weather but,nothing to drastic like tornadoes or something.
01-04-2008, 04:00 AM
i heard some where there is going to be wind Smile i guess that might mean some light tornadoes......
01-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Yes, there is going to be wind! Smile Big Grin
Anyway, about the weather; I completely agree. I've done the exact same thing, placed electricals outside in the rain and snow but to no effect. However, I read that Sims will now react to weather, such as, when it rains, they will get a unhappy moodlet because they are now soaked because of the rain. So if Sims can now react to the weather, hopefuly obects can too. We'll see.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
01-04-2008, 12:49 PM
(01-04-2008 12:13 PM)¢αѕѕιє link Wrote:Yes, there is going to be wind! Smile Big Grin
Anyway, about the weather; I completely agree. I've done the exact same thing, placed electricals outside in the rain and snow but to no effect. However, I read that Sims will now react to weather, such as, when it rains, they will get a unhappy moodlet because they are now soaked because of the rain. So if Sims can now react to the weather, hopefuly obects can too. We'll see.

I love walking in the rain, I wonder if I can make my sim love it too.  Smile
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I love the rain, though people think I'm weird. :Smile The reason I said unhappy moodlet is because in the article where I read about reacting to the rain, they said the Sim would be unhappy if they got soaked, so its stuck in my mind. I really hope you can have Sims that have different opinions of certain weather and seasons, like some will adore the snow and winter, but some will prefer the sun in summer. And like you said, some will love the rain and want to be in it, and some will run home when it starts raining, or run into stores until it's over, to avoid getting wet.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
01-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I hope it is like that, otherwise my sim me won't be realistic.  ;D
01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I hope they tone down a little on the lightning storms. I'm not even sure if it's possible in Seasons to not get lightning when it rains? If not, I'd like just rain in the Sims 3 sometimes, you know, light showers. And then heavy rain could come with lightning, that way, my trees wouldn't constantly catch fire, and the neighbours and strays wouldn't constantly run around them screaming :-\

It'd also be cool if the seasons lasted a little longer. I play for a few Sim days, look at the seasons and I'm already into autumn! How the heck did that happen so fast?

Interactive weather would be so much more realistic and detailed - I think it's a great idea! How cool 8)

-Benji :-*

&quot;Oh no, they're breakdance-fighting!&quot; - Zoolander