Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register


Poll: Which do you like best? The HP books or movies?
Harry Potter books
Harry Potter movies
Both
Neither (OMG I will kill you if you chose this one! Haha just kidding.)
[Show Results]
 
Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
12-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Post: #1
Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
I think this will be a hard choice for many people (especially for Cassie since she loves the books and her husband Rupert Grint ;D), but I would have to choose the books. Why? Because they explain everything so much better and it's much easier to understand the story. Please reply with why you chose what ;D I want to know what you have to say.
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Post: #2
Re: Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
Oh, definitely the books... The movies are great and all, but nothing can compare to the "originals." There's nothing like sitting down and reading them...a movie could never compare to the joy of reading a magical book.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Post: #3
Re: Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
I agree. It's kind of like with a Series of Unfortunate Events... you have to read the books to fully understand the movies. The SOUE movie actually has a lot of secrets in it, and you have to see it more than once to notice the hidden things.
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Post: #4
Re: Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
Really? Like what?

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Post: #5
Re: Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
(12-04-2008 11:25 PM)Bambi is Wonder Doe link Wrote:Really? Like what?
They're secrets Wink Lol jk. Well the story says the cause of the Baudelaires' parents' deaths are "unknown", but in the movie when Klaus uses the eye thing in the tower that burns stuff, he sees his former house in the lens.
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Post: #6
Re: Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
Oh, well...yeah. Sorry, I thought you were meaning, like, something big! But that's alright. Wink

Anyhoo...I think most books are better than movies. I'd be hard-pressed to find a movie I liked better than its book version.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Post: #7
Re: Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
I adore the movies..but they often left out so many good parts!!!
so i prefer the books but love the movies because they keep my memory of the movies fresh which is probably why i remember books 1-4 better than 5 and 6 and have to re-read those two...lol

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Post: #8
Re: Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
Hehe, I always call the movies "the easy way." Wink They're better for when you just want a quick HP fix, or to watch while you're falling asleep or something. But if you have the time, the books are far more enjoyable.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Post: #9
Re: Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
Yeah i agree the books go into much more detail
i love it
i use the movies as a reminder tool to remember the main events of what happened in each book..but eventually i'll end up re-reading all of the books and know everything again.
but i have bad comprehension skills and when i do comprehend every little thing..it leaves my mind over a short period of time.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Post: #10
Re: Harry Potter Battle: Books vs. the Movies
Yeah, the movies are good reminders...but they leave out way too much. I'm so glad DH is going to be made into two parts...that means they won't cut as much out as they normally would have to (hopefully).

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)