Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twilight
19-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Twilight
Hmm.

I've heard so much about this book called Twilight (I remember Cassie mentioning it on one of these threads somewhere. I can't remember where, also someone made a sort-of remake of the book on the official Sims 2 website and posted it in the story exchange - the title is "Lincoln Heights and it's actually very good!), and today I went out to my local book shop, asked the woman in the shop for a book called "Twilight", and she said "Hugely popular book... Good choice".

I plan on starting it tonight.

Anyway, what I was going to ask is...

(If you've read the book) Do you agree with the shop lady? Did I make a good choice in buying this book? Will I enjoy it?

Thanks.

[center][Image: Woo.jpg]
[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Re: Twilight
Well, if you've read Cassie's posts, you must have overlooked mine. Wink

'Cause, yes...this series is to die for (well, not really...but it's uber good Wink). I'm kind of in a rush right now, but I'll definitely post more later. Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
19-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi! Big Grin

Oh my goodness, this is probably one of the greatest choices you have ever made in your life (besides buying your first HP book, if you read them)! I'm dying to talk about eveything, but I'll let you read it first, and maybe in the future we can talk about it, though only if you wanted to. Wink

It is currently being filmed and it will be released by the end of the year, or so I've read. It's a really amazing series, and I think 'Twilight' is my favourite book of the three out so far. 'New Moon', the second, is my least favourite.

But anyway, I'm almost positive you will enjoy it! It does take a while to get going, I'll give you that, but once you're into the first few chapters, you'll be away with the stars! Wink

I hope you have fun reading it and enjoy it as much as I did! Big Grin Wink

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
19-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks! I'd love to talk to you about it once I've finished it.

There's going to be a film?! That sounds cool... I'll have to see that. Big Grin

[/center]
19-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Big Grin Yay! Sounds good, though I think it's only Bambi, you and myself that will have read the books so far on here, maybe we could have our own little thread in the future? That would be nice. Smile

And yes, but the actors for Edward and Bella are most dissapointing, in my opinion. Edward Cullen isn't so hot as he is in the books, he's played by Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory in HP) and Kristin Stewart is Bella, but I prefer Emily Browning, but I guess you can't have everything you want. I just would have liked for Edward to be uber-handsome. :Smile Tongue Oh well, guess I still have my trusty imagination. Wink Big Grin

19-04-2008, 11:00 PM
One post away, by the way. Wink

Anyhoo, yes...I'll definitely post more later. And we should have our own thread...how about we just let this one morph into the Twilight discussion thread? Smile

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
19-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Well, I don't, because I haven't read the book yet, but sometimes when a book gets turned into a film and there's meant to be an amazingly fit guy in it, you see him and you think "oh... okay then..." Hehe. But it will be interesting I think, once I've read the book and then I can compare it to the film as well.

And yeah, we could have our own little thread.

How cute. Big Grin

And yeah, what Bambi said, let's just use this thread. Big Grin

[/center]
19-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Silly me, of course, just use this one! For some reason, I forgot it was in the Off-Topic Section! :Smile Tongue

And me too, I'm really excited to see the film, see how true they have stayed to the book. It's not quite as action-packed as HP is, it's more about what's happeneing than how much is happening, Twilight. That's why I hope they don't rush this and put great detail into scenes, and because not as much happens, they should have time to do so. Smile

PS: Does anyone know when Breaking Dawn is released? Is it later this year? Thanks in advance. Wink

19-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Yep, I agree, I've heard the book is good, so if the film follows the book carefully and well, then the film should be good too, right?

And what's Breaking Dawn? I'm guessing it's a film which is going to be released... but this is the first I've heard of it?

[/center]
19-04-2008, 11:20 PM
I hope the film really brings out the book's potential to be as popular as HP, but I always want HP to remain the best of them all - I don't think any series could ever beat Jo's creations. Smile

Oh, and sorry for my ignorance! I apologise. Breaking Dawn is the fourth book of the series, which I think will have five books in total. They are as follows:

Twilight (Out now)
New Moon (Out now)
Eclipse (Out now)
Breaking Dawn (Later this year, I think)
Midnight Sun (I presume 2009)

Big Grin