Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Poll: Do you think EA would make the Sims intelligent enough in this seamless neighborhood? Do you think they be okay for without our supervision?
Yes, they will make them intelligent enough.
Yes, but they would need some check-ups and supervision.
Probably.
No, there would be more deaths from failed needs, more children taken away and bad job performance.
No, the Sims would dry up their own family trees.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 seamless intelligence
23-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Sims 3 seamless intelligence
It has been a concern of mine, but would these sims be intelligent enough to survive in this seamless neighborhood.  The developers are talking like they would be super intelligent and worry-free, but there are broken promises and disappointments when their games come out.

Questions I have been thinking of:

Instead of an adult sim serving theirselves, would they serve their hungry children?  Would they fill up their own refrigerator?  Would they take proper care of their baby?  Would they go to bed at a good time, and wake up the next morning refreshed for work?  Would they get to work on time, since a carpool migh not be picking them up

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Re: Sims 3 seamless intelligence
Hmm... probably. The sims 3 looks a little too good to be true...
23-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes, I definitely think that they'll be good by themselves. First of all my sims right now could survive on their own with free will. Granted they don't do things as well as when I do it for them.

Since sims now need to function properly by themselves, the programmers will be a lot more time and energy into it. Plus if it didn't work, testers would realize very quickly that the game is a total failure.
24-04-2008, 01:49 AM
well they are supposed to be making sims much more intelligent.

i voted yes, but they will need some check-ups.

oh no, now i'm worried!

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
24-04-2008, 01:54 AM
(23-04-2008 08:40 PM)yummybunny link Wrote:It has been a concern of mine, but would these sims be intelligent enough to survive in this seamless neighborhood.  The developers are talking like they would be super intelligent and worry-free, but there are broken promises and disappointments when their games come out.

Questions I have been thinking of:

Instead of an adult sim serving theirselves, would they serve their hungry children?  Would they fill up their own refrigerator?  Would they take proper care of their baby?  Would they go to bed at a good time, and wake up the next morning refreshed for work?  Would they get to work on time, since a carpool migh not be picking them up

VERY good points thats stuff i never thought about but things that have always bugged me
they had no common sense whatsoever we had to do all the work
i would like some leniency this time around (sp?)

I really need for my sims to know when they need groceries..know to feed their whole family esp. children who cannot fend for themselves..
and i shouldnt have to tell them when to go to bed..they should know when a reasonable hour to sleep is..4 am dont cut it when they work at 9 ya know??
so i completely agree..
and i will be extremely disappointed if they dont do any of this..

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
24-04-2008, 03:54 AM
Good point. I'm one of those control freaks who likes to dictate when, where, and which sim goes to the bathroom and so on. At first i think i'll be paranoid and not want to let my sims roam about, but after a while.. i hope that i'll realize that their AI level will allow them to live and not kill themselves off and go about my other simming duties. Smile

i do hope they make them intelligent enough to understand that i want them to live a 'certain' life.. and not do something out of character... XD
24-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Yes i dont want them to act out i just want them to be smart
i want them to recognize the behaviors i want them to have..and intelligently act accordingly..and not do things i dont want them to be doing so i agree with you on that.

24-04-2008, 04:50 AM
I'm afraid the new sims will be too smart. The hand of god option sounds to me like it may be our only real chance to actually help take control over what goes on.

I think it will be easier on us then we think. If they can dwell in a seamless neighborhood, why would they let them wander aimlessly throughout the game while also incorperating marriage, kids, jobs death etc.?

Obvioisly there has to be some smarts on the sims part.

I think we will have an even bette choice with the traits we choose. If you have someone who's already a genius, intelligence should already be a given. 

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
24-04-2008, 06:16 AM
yeah im hoping they will have brains...and more freewill but not too much...
it could get scary

24-04-2008, 12:37 PM
This is what I'm scared of. I hope their intellegence isn't too overwhelming. I want them to be able to fend for themselves and yes, I do what them to be intelligent, but only to a certain level, or I'm going to be a little creeped out. I don't want them always knowing what's going on in my mind - when I'm trying to kill them, or when I'm purposely trying to get them demoted. Say, Taylor Sim wants to get promoted so when she gets home, she heads to the bookcase to increase a certain skill. But I, on purpose, refuse to let her do so, so she knows she's never going to get promoted because I'm not letting her. I don't want her to start yelling and cursing at me in Simlish... or, maybe I do? That would be quite funny.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]