Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stage Transistion
25-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Stage Transistion
In the Sims 2, have you always felt that some stages of life were left out?

You can be a young adult, but only if your teen goes to college.  Do you think they would add that as a stage of life in The Sims 3?  I want them to, but I doubt they would.  Then late adulthood was missing.  It sucked when your adult has teens and they still look like they are in their twenties. 

Then do you think that grades should have a bigger impact on the sims?  The grades you make in high school determines if you go to a university, community college, or no college at all.  The college admissions should be like that.  Idk if they are bringing back a university expansion.  I heard it wasn't too popular.  I liked it, but your college days went by too fast.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Re: Stage Transistion
(25-04-2008 01:59 PM)yummybunny link Wrote:In the Sims 2, have you always felt that some stages of life were left out?

You can be a young adult, but only if your teen goes to college.  Do you think they would add that as a stage of life in The Sims 3?  I want them to, but I doubt they would.  Then late adulthood was missing.  It sucked when your adult has teens and they still look like they are in their twenties. 

Then do you think that grades should have a bigger impact on the sims?  The grades you make in high school determines if you go to a university, community college, or no college at all.  The college admissions should be like that.  Idk if they are bringing back a university expansion.  I heard it wasn't too popular.  I liked it, but your college days went by too fast.

I really like that idea. Although I'm surprised that you think college goes by quickly, you have almost the same amount of days that you do as an adult. I always felt like it DRAGGED on, but to each its own.

I definitely think young adult and late adulthood are missing from the game. I'm really hoping for gradual aging. Imagine seeing every single age...getting a little bigger and more intelligent each day!
25-04-2008, 04:37 PM
i've always wanted the idea of a tween stage, the kid stage was just too juvenile.. and maybe something like a kindergarten stage too, i always though it was weird having your toddler jump right into the kid stage.

i agree with the college statement.. i felt like there was nothing else to do other than go to uni, take classes, and it seemed to drag on forever.

[Image: peacerainbow.gif]
25-04-2008, 04:48 PM
yea i like a kinder garden idea Karma to you

well from what i think it should be something like this

in the tummy,Infant,Toddler,Young Kid,Tween,Teen,Young Adult,Adult,Mid Aged,Elder,(sorry to say) Dead

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
25-04-2008, 05:29 PM
i would like it if you could take classes in sort of a university as an adult
what i didn't like about YA is that other then a couple of hours a day in class and a couple of hours a semester doing that paper there wasn't that much to do so i focused on skilling and doing things that can get more money so when my YA became adults there wasn't that much 2 do...
i don't think there is a reason to add young adult in TS3
maybe like a conbination between adults and teens
it would have all the adult interactions (including having a baby and getting married) but there would be school hours from like 8 untill the afternoon but your sim could chose not to go

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
25-04-2008, 08:33 PM
I really like the grade/college idea because it just adds to what your sim really is personality wise.  If every sim, even the lazy ones made it into a great college it just wouldn't feel like a real life situation.  The lazy ones will probably end up flipping burgers at mcdonalds or something while thier studious peers are accepted into colleges.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
25-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I hope that not every sim wants to go to college (if there is college in this game). I thought that was totally unrealistic. I always let them go because I didn't want them to be sad.

For some its just not a good fit. Also I guess some jobs should only be available to college grads, but some jobs...like an artist should be available to everyone.
25-04-2008, 10:03 PM
i wanted more kid stages..
i hate how it jumped from baby to toddler to kid to teen..
wat about preteens?? or an elder teen stage??
and yes more adult stages would have been nice.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
25-04-2008, 10:18 PM
ya, they shouldn't look in thier 20's and then all of a sudden be old and feeble lol!

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
25-04-2008, 10:26 PM
If you want to make adults more middle-aged, just gradually dress them in more middle-aged clothes, and maybe make them a bit fatter. And change their makeup and hair, so they look a lot older. It's not as good as a middle-aged age group, but it's better than nothing.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]