Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Game, New Ways?
26-04-2008, 07:03 PM
New Game, New Ways?
Sorry if there is a thread about this, but:

This is a new game, a whole new game (it's supposed to be).  New traits, no whiners, no nasty nannies (Those nannies were nasty, especially Callista.  She won't never go to the bathroom and she would always end up peeing in my house)

Back on topic...

Now since this will be a whole new game, are you willing to try anything new?  Or anything you didn't feel like in The Sims 2?

I am willing to give movie making a second chance.  It's too hard in the Sims 2, cuz all they do is whine every five, mess up everything, and do stupid things.  In another thread, I listed that I wanted to make a movie of a cheating husband, a reality show, and a show where a lazy, mooch adult son has to take responsibility of his kid sister when his elder parents die.   

Then I am willing to take them places, which I didn't in the Sims 2, cuz ten minutes later, they are worn out.  I may not cheat if they are not whiners and earn my money right, since there is more time to focus on their lives.

Are you thinking of new ways to play for this game, since you will have more time to focus on their lives?  Are you also a person who had trouble making movies with the Sims 2 whiners and may give it a shot in this next game?

What are your family or movie ideas, if you have any?

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Re: New Game, New Ways?
I always wanted to give movie making a try but my laptop was way too slow.

I also didn't go through with legacies. I'm willing to give it a try now because I won't have to play each generation just    to make them all grow up with the ongoing aging.

Of course there will be different rules because sims will be doing what they desire when we aren't there. I'm wondering if you will actually have to keep a close eye on legacies so they don't do what they aren't supposed to do.

In general I would like to play stories and stick to them. I guess becuz it was easy to fall into the same mode with only a certain asprestions, you pretty much knew how it was going to end and it was up to you to add drama for anything interesting to happen. Now, with over 80 traits, each sim will more likely have their own origional story.   

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
26-04-2008, 08:31 PM
I would probably do more movie-making if it was easier... I know how to get rid of the whining, but it's so hard to make decent movies. It takes at least a few filming sessions because some retarded sim always messes up an otherwise perfect shot... and building houses takes so darn long!
26-04-2008, 09:52 PM
I'll definitely mess with my sims lives more. I used to feel bad about screwing them up, but I'm so excited to see not only my sims reaction, my the whole towns.

I've also never tried movie making. I'm too busy with real movie making, but my I'll give it a shot. I'll definitely try my hand a writing a story, which I've never done before. TS1 I didn't do anything of that, TS2 I took some pictures, and now with TS3 I'll actually create a story. Maybe even make some CC.
27-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I want to spend more time building houses. During TS2, I have a habbit of creating these gorgeous Sims who live in some pretty shabby houses. Well no, not shabby, they are reasonably good, but compared to the beautiful houses I download, they are awful. I have some really good ideas when it comes to building styles, but I can never be bothered to bring them to life - building takes such a long time, I'd rather just get straight down to playing. But this time, I'm going to try and break that habit, because I want to make a really lovely home that I can be proud of.

I also want to cheat less. At one point in my TS2-playing period, all I ever did was cheat. Cheat moods, cheat money, cheat relationships, nothing was geniune. I eventually got over that, but I still cheat quite a bit. Sometimes it's necessary and has to be done, but other than them moments, I really want to avoid those tempting cheats this time - they take the fun from the game.

As for movie-making - It depends. It's always been such of a big hassle in TS2, they always whine and something always goes wrong, so it takes a lot of effort to make TS2 movies. If it's easier this time, sure I will.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
27-04-2008, 01:25 PM
I also am thinking of giving legacies a shot. 
But everyone will have a legacy in their game with this aging thing, but I will have a special family or families I will keep playing and do legacies on.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
27-04-2008, 04:50 PM
(27-04-2008 10:51 AM)Randomly Cassie link Wrote:I want to spend more time building houses. During TS2, I have a habbit of creating these gorgeous Sims who live in some pretty shabby houses. Well no, not shabby, they are reasonably good, but compared to the beautiful houses I download, they are awful. I have some really good ideas when it comes to building styles, but I can never be bothered to bring them to life - building takes such a long time, I'd rather just get straight down to playing. But this time, I'm going to try and break that habit, because I want to make a really lovely home that I can be proud of.

Oh yea, that's another thing, I want to create houses! I've tried my hand at a few houses, but I'm much better at remodeling/adding on extensions then creating from the ground up. I think if I figured out how to make custom roofing, then I would like my houses better. The layout always looks good but the the roof is kind of out of wack.

I also hope that sims will have more intelligence as far as watering plants. As it is now they can't water plants unless they can stand right in front of the arrow that shows up for placement. As a result you can't even put places in the most basic places. For instance no:

-------------
1  X  X  X
1  X
1  X
1  X

The 1 and  ---- represent some sort of wall. The X's represent plants/bushes. With this setup you can't reach the X in the corner. I've always wondered if this was just a problem with my game. Because how in the world are people creating all these beautiful gardens in their houses if in a few days they'll just turn all weedy and then the environment score will plummet. Also I'm confused because the game comes with houses that have non fuctional plant placement. Hahaha.
27-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I hate that, too. I mean, what you said about downloading houses with A) Strange plant placement and B) Way too many plants.

It's just impossible to keep them tidy, therefore the environment bar does indeed plumment, and it also looks really unpleasant. And the gardener, just like the nanny, is absolutey no use at all. I hope this can be figured out.

I just had to say that. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
27-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I also agree with Deja.  Plants would be placed stupidly sometimes, then there would be those times when I want to make a nice garden, but not being able to place a plant in a corner ruins it all.  Thank God for the new tilting feature in TS3.  I can now fit stuff and design any way I want.

27-04-2008, 06:34 PM
One thing that made me especially angry about TS2 plant arrangments, is that it was a step down from TS1! In TS1 you could put plants wherever pretty much and they would be able to get to them. At least this is what I remember, correct me if I'm wrong. I remember being so shocked when I first told my sims to water the plants in TS2. They also can't water them if they're not on flat ground. LAME.