Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Social Standings and Chances
27-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Social Standings and Chances
I think that there should be social standings/rankings in this next game.  Imagine, a person who has a better job gets more respect and treated better than a sim with a crap job.  Like the Sim with the better job gets more respect and talked to more formally.  Also there should be that with people who are known to be tramps or have multiple lovers. 

Also ranking among the children in the schools should happen.  Imagine your kid being popular and all the kids wanting to be around him.  That family will have other kids over often and that person gets invited to more places.  Then a kid that is unpopular and getting bullied gets picked on by everyone else, crys often, not as social, dreads going to school, and you see kids walk by and pick on him.  Then with the bully, he/she is feared and respected by the other kids.

There should also be chance cards for school, as there were for careers.  Like you have to make a choice that gets the kid in trouble, safe from trouble, suspended, or whatever.  It is like the career chance cards, just with kid and school situations.

What do you think?

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Re: Social Standings and Chances
I like this idea.  The ranking and stuff would add realism to the game and cards would be great for them.  Hoorah for you!

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
28-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I think they are creating this in the game becuz they did say things can get around town etc. It can be what you make it.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
28-04-2008, 04:37 AM
i love the social standings idea
i love the chance cards for school as well..those would add alot to the game..because sims spend a majority of their life in school so good and bad things should happen there too especially with all these cool personality traits..
this could help show them off
hot tempered sims and all those negative traits could reflect in suspensions and such

anyway back to the social standings part of your post..
i really like that cause i want sims to envy other sims..
the prettier girl the average girl envies in all the chick flicks
and the husband with a better job and a nicer house and a hotter wife..that sort of thing..

i hope thats what you were getting at.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
28-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Yeah, envy and jealousy, we in particular need this - I am sick of the ugly sister not caring that her sister is that darn gorgeous Sim and she's...not. I wish tehy would open their eyes to this. And I want the popular kids, the nrmal kids and the unpopular kids - I can take sympathy on the unpopular kids and feed them extra chocolate cake for desert. I love them. Smile

And the idea of social standings in careers is brilliant and it fits in snugly with what we were saying about some Sims being snobby and such - richer Sims need to realise poorer Sims, as to poorer Sims need to realise who is rich and who is not. Some snob Sims aren't going to want to be best buddies with the lower-class folk. But I hope that good-traited rich Sims can perhaps donate their money to those more needy than themselves.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
28-04-2008, 05:54 AM
yes i really want my sims to know whats going on around them
i want them to know they arent as pretty as the most popular girl at school or in town or something..same with guys only not as "handsome"
and i want them to know they are poor when they cant afford certain things and when they are rich and can afford anything and everything..
and know who else is rich and poor..
and the obnoxious rich sims could be total jerks to poor sims...or nice friendly rich sims could be open to poor sims befriend them or give them money here and there help them find a good job like them..whatever ya know?
i want everything to seem more like life..and its definate social ladder..
i want that to take affect in my game
if its not in the game i'll be disappointed because this is one change i need to see with this whole seamless community thing going on..or the game wont be as great as it could be to me..when i buy it..
*(however i will still love it..just not as much as i could)*

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
28-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Teens could get upset with their parents because they're poor and they can't afford many clothes or phones or games etc. And get jealous because they're friends have eveything they want because they're loaded with cash. That's kind of like my life at the moment, so I'd like to see that.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
28-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Love these ideas!
28-04-2008, 04:38 PM
(27-04-2008 10:42 PM)yummybunny link Wrote:What do you think?
I agree with you.
I love your ideas. It seems something that they could add into the game naturally.
Social standards would be more than welcome. Of course, it had to be handled carefuly. What kind of jobs are good for your personal image, and what kind of jobs aren't - that's tricky to decide, especially when all kinds of people play this game.
Of course, cheaters and such would suffer a different treatment from the common sim.

All in all it sounds brilliant.
28-04-2008, 06:32 PM
When the fansite comes up, they should try to have a Q & A session with EAxis.  Then ask them stuff they haven't said yet.  But if I think about it, the game will be pushed back, because we have so many good ideas, like the plant idea, this idea and all of the other ideas.  We would make them want to add that.

I think the other journalist was trying to get new info, but EA refused to answer those questions.  The old info is what they want to give out at the time.

(28-04-2008 05:42 AM)Randomly Cassie link Wrote:Yeah, envy and jealousy, we in particular need this - I am sick of the ugly sister not caring that her sister is that darn gorgeous Sim and she's...not. I wish tehy would open their eyes to this. And I want the popular kids, the nrmal kids and the unpopular kids - I can take sympathy on the unpopular kids and feed them extra chocolate cake for desert. I love them. Smile

And the idea of social standings in careers is brilliant and it fits in snugly with what we were saying about some Sims being snobby and such - richer Sims need to realise poorer Sims, as to poorer Sims need to realise who is rich and who is not. Some snob Sims aren't going to want to be best buddies with the lower-class folk. But I hope that good-traited rich Sims can perhaps donate their money to those more needy than themselves.

I agree.  They do lack jealousy and stuff.  In order for this to work, there would need to be a meter to set how attractive your sim.  That would be great with the charity and stuff.  I hope traits have a big affect on the choices and have different interactions on how you can use stuff.  I hope they are not over-emphasing the traits.

There should also be training, like in Pets.  If your kid is a slob, the parent sim should discipline that child for slobby acts and encourage/reward non-slobbish acts, so that would go down.

I am afraid the game would not let Sims get past their traits sometimes.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?