Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Plants!
02-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Plants!
Omg the plants in Sims 2 are horrible!! (I'm not sure if my graphics matter coz I have a bad video card) but all I have seen they are horrible.. Leafs and such don't look nothing like real.. they are like a lil kid has drew them.. I never liked them and that's why I seldom use plants in my game.. I don't like trees either so I'm hoping that they'll do something to this in Sims 3 Big Grin Since I know they can improve them ^^ I would enjoy gardening better too Tongue

Maissi means corn in finnish, so should I eat myself? Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Re: Plants!
I know! everything that doesn't require much detail in ts2, they just made the graphics a bit lesss detailed. and because of that, the plants look terrible and 2-D!

foliage in ts3 looks very nice and realistic though Smile

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
02-05-2008, 01:11 PM
[Image: compare1a.jpg]
[Image: compare1b.jpg]

Comparing these two pictures, you can clearly see the improved detail in plantlife. {yes}

Oh, and the trees in this picture look miles better!

[Image: compare3a.jpg]
[Image: compare3b.jpg]

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
02-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Yes, the plants have definitely seemed to improve, among other things. And it's a good thing, too. I would have loved to use more plants in my game, but they just looked so darn awful...

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
02-05-2008, 07:25 PM
i know i am quite excited for the improvement of plantlife all my sims are going to have gorgeous plants and trees in their yards. ts2..i avoided them as well because they were ugly..and flat lol.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
02-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I wonder if they're going to let the grass grow so that the sims will have to mow it. Oddly enough, I really want at least one house where the owner just lets the grass grow wild.
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
That's a nice idea! I do hope they can mow the lawn and water the plants and use a hosepipe! Doesn't that sort of help with the green-thumb trait? {yes}

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
02-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I would love to mow grass, but at the same time, I would hate to mow grass. It would get to be such a bother. One thing that I really hope about the TS3 is that they make household chores bearable. In real life, unless you have a HUGE house, upkeep doesn't take THAT long. You can go to work, have a social life, and tidy everything up. Granted if you want a absolutely perfect house, sims might have to forego some leisure time.
02-05-2008, 08:17 PM
It wouldn't be to bad, if it was like a once a week type thing.
02-05-2008, 08:19 PM
(02-05-2008 07:50 PM)dejadejavu link Wrote:I would love to mow grass, but at the same time, I would hate to mow grass. It would get to be such a bother. ...

I definitely agree. I would adore that feature, but I might find it to be a pain at times.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD