Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Poll: Are You Interested in Seeing Another of My Families?
Yes, your families are awesome!
I don't care either way, really.
No, I'm not a fan of your families, sorry.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another family in the works.
13-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Re: Another family in the works.
(13-05-2008 05:54 AM)chelikins link Wrote:I got you beat Bambi... I got 7 !! but mine are small breed.. well 6 are, 1 is medium size. I love my dogs, but I could not work at the humane society.. then I would have wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more!!

Exactly! I'd come home with 20 dogs a day. Wink And I use to have 7 dogs, too...one died last December. Sad So yes, now you have me beat. Wink

(13-05-2008 04:05 AM)yummybunny link Wrote:She is cute, then she is annoying.  She does not let you not pay attention to her.  She will follow you, get under your feet, trip you, and hop into your hands, so she can get what she wants.  She will wake you up.

Then my other dog barks at the door when she wants food.  When it storms, she gets scared and hide and walk around the house.

Six dogs!!!  I wish my mom will let me have that many.  You are so lucky.  What are their names?

Your dog does sound adorable. Smile My dogs are terrified of the vacuum. Wink

Their names are Dutchess, Bo, April, Caramel, Lucky, and Calypso. Haha. Smile I only named one of them (Dutchess - after my old dog, Dutch)...my sisters named all the rest. They're all rescue cases...two were in "dead-end" shelters (meaning they put them down after five days), and we saved them on their last day. One we found and we took to get fixed and, come to find out, she was pregnant. So she had 6 puppies and we kept two of them. So that's five...and the other was on her way to the pound and we decided to save her. Wink

We're nice people. Smile

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I adore animals too.

Right now we're living with my fiance's parents, and his dad is Not an animal person, so we can't have any pets here.

But, back on the east cost with MY parents, are both my cats. Plus, my mom has a cat of her own, and then there is their dog, Gypsy. Who was supposed to be MY dog, but ... well, long story short, so long as I think of her as my dad's dog and not my mom's, I don't get angry.

But, once we're able to get our own place we're hoping to get the cats and bring them here with us.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
13-05-2008, 03:23 PM
We almost named Calypso Gypsy. Wink And I think I've seen a picture of your pets before, right? I remember thinking they were extremely cute. Smile

13-05-2008, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2008 03:40 PM by yummybunny.)
Majick, I hope that you get your animals. I wouldn't be able to live without them either.

Bambi, I like the names of your dogs.  They are all very cute.  I wanna see what they look like.  It's funny when the name matches the look of the dog. 

My dog, Gracie is terrified of the vaccum too.  She cannot be in the house, because she will poop all over the place.  She also does this during the 4th of July, when we have to bring her in, because my neighbors shoot all over the place and it is too dangerous for her.  She also does this at the vet, being around other dogs, and being around crowds of people.  ***So she keeps her butt outside, unless we really have to bring her in.

Let 4th of July, she ran to my brother's room and pooped right in his bed.  His room stunk for a day!!! 

Overall, she is a very sweet dog, with a good personality and I love her very much.

The only thing my mom don't mind me having is reptiles.  I also have sugar gliders, who are twin brothers. 

Then about my pets, I cannot let them go, so I let them have babies.  Usually, when I get a pet, I also buy the opposite gender.

All of my geckos have a baby, except for two, who may be expecting.

Lemme shut up...I can go on all day about my animals.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
13-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Aww, the poor dear. I use to have a dog that was scared of EVERYTHING. She wouldn't make messes, but she'd hide under the bed for a LONG time. And one of the dogs I have now gets overly excited and makes a mess, but luckily it's small and managable, as she's the runt of our family. Smile

Anyway, she sounds rather adorable. Smile

Thanks! I think a lot of the names fit. Smile Not all of them, but most. Wink I'll try to upload some pictures soon so you can see them. Wink

Well, I'm not a fan of reptiles, but I'm glad you like them. Wink Twins, eh? That's neat. Wink

Don't worry, I could go all day about them, too. They're amazing. Smile

13-05-2008, 05:00 PM
The first dog I can remember having, is our Dalmatian, Sheba. We had dogs when I was little, but I was alergic to them, so they stayed outside, and they died when I was 3, so I don't remember them.

Our dear Sheba was terrified of water, because we got her when she was 7 months old, and the A@@holes who owned her before us abused her. You know the types of showers where there are sliding glass doors, instead of curtains? Well, they had that kind of shower. And whenever she'd do something wrong, they'd stick her in the shower and turn on SCOLDING hot water. She was a PUPPY! And when there is no one home all day except for an old woman who could barely get out of bed, let alone let a puppy outside to use the bathroom, what do you expect?!

Their kids also tormented her, we couldn't let Sheba around small children, or she'd attack them. She went after one of my friends when I was younger, but the friend wasn't mad, she was full aware of Sheba's past and forgave her. Which was lucky, really, since most people would want the dog put down. She got better as she got older, sadly, we had to have her put to sleep in 2004, her liver and kidneys were shutting down on her, and she was only 4 days away from her 11th birthday Sad  I miss that dog so much. I was 13 when we got her.

We waited about 2 years before we got Gypsy, my dad mourned for her more so than I, I think. Because during his cancer treatment she was by his side, slept in the bed with him, went out to the garage with him, wherever he went, she was right next to him. She loved my dad and would do anything for him. We have a disk with pictures of her on it somewhere, but we haven't been able to find it in years, which is awful, because there are so many memories on that disk.

14-05-2008, 02:27 AM
That was an amazing dog.  A truly loving pet owner never forgets their dogs.  I could tell you loved that dog.  I also mourn for my dogs (well all my pets, reptile or not) when they die.  They all have unique things about them that you will never forget, and it is hard letting that go.

I recently lost a dog two weeks from tomorrow.  Bruno was Gracie's son and we had him since birth.  I miss him a lot and still lone and mourn for him.

My cousin had a dog that she had to get rid of.  Fifi was abused as a puppy, and as a result, she was very nervous.  When someone walks into my cousin's house, she would tell us to ignore the dog.  If we didn't the dog will pee.  Every action someone did, it always peed constantly, and it never stopped.  My cousin tried everything from training to treating it with love, but it was just pernamently damaged from the abuse it had in the past. She had to get rid of it, because it was ruining her house.  She couldn't put it outside, because people in the neighborhood she lived had the habit of stealing dogs and doing things to them.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
14-05-2008, 04:36 AM
Oh that's awful!

I feel so bad for dogs like that. They're the sweetest things but you just can't keep them because of damage they've had done to them. Poor dear, I hope it finds someone who can truly take care of it.

14-05-2008, 02:04 PM
That is dreadful... Sad

One of my rescue cases/dogs (Wink) was abused. He's an American Foxhound, and hunters usually use that breed for hunting. And to train them they basically torture them. So it took us a LONG time to get him to let us pet his paws and ears, as those were the places that most of the abuse happened. Sad

But he's a great dog now. Smile He seems to have overcome most of it. Wink

14-05-2008, 08:29 PM
That's amazing.  Foxhounds are nice dogs.

I had a dog named Maicie, who died about eight years ago. 

Maicie was found at my grandma's house.  I remember that I had to stay over there that day.  My granny had one of those school desk chairs with the hole in the bottom to put books in.  When my mom was leaving from dropping me off, she heard a noise and looked in that hole.  A mangy Maicie with sores and cuts ran out.  We ended up catching her.  She was so afraid of humans that she was running with all her might.  Then she would try to bite if we touched her.  We chased her into a cage.

When I bought it home that afternoon, I took the cage into my garage and opened it.  Maicie ran out and I tried petting her, but all she did was growl and bite.  So I didn't touch her.

The next day, we bought her to the vet.  The vet said she was only four weeks old and she was abused.  Her sores were infected and she had worms.  My mom was about to talk her to the pound, because  I got another puppy two days before and we ordered another puppy that wasn't born yet.  I begged my mom not to take Maicie to the pound.  She would be put down with all the infections and sores she had.  My mom made me choose between Maicie and the unborn puppy and I chose Maice.  I couldn't stand to take her to the pound to die. 

The next night, Maicie got out the garage and ran away.  We couldn't find her the next morning, but found her sleep right behind the garage.  It seemed like Gracie, my other puppy was barking for her momma and that comforted Maicie.  Two days later, my cousin came over.  She was interested in Maicie and really wanted to pet her, because Maicie was attacking still.  So my cousin came over to Maicie and tried to pet her.  Maicie attacked her hand, but missed.  My cousin then tried again and Maicie let her as she growled.  When my cousin's hand landed on Maicie's head and stroked her, Maicie jumped on her and licked her.  That whole day, Maicie cuddled up with us and stayed in our laps and followed us around.  That was the most amazing thing with an animal that I have ever seen.