Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Essential & Good MODs
22-07-2023, 11:23 AM
Brick Essential & Good MODs
Hello there, I'm new to the forum.

I have been trying to create an organized MOD list lately but have been struggling. I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I found two possible sources which could help me:
- Sims 2 Help Wiki Mod List: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2help/wiki/mods-list/
- Cyjon's Sims 2 Mods: http://cyjon.net/node/42

Whilst I have a decent computer, I was worried about either bloating my directory with too many MODs, or having too many conflictions. One thought I had was if I just used Cyjon's MODs, they maybe better compatible. A concern though was that Cyjon's MODs may not cover 'everything' where as other MOD lists and guides may do so.

Another concern of mine has been structuring my directory. What I had planned to do was have a folder - Cyjon's MODs - for all their game modifications. So my directory would look like:
- Cyjons MODs
- Mod The Sims [Burger King, KFC, McDonald's, etc]
- Sims 2 - Misc Items | Sims 2 - Preorder Items | Sims 2 - Store Items
- The Sims Resource [Candy Shop, Barber Shop, etc]
- InSimenator

How would you structure your directory? Any MOD list that you recommend? I want to be able to easily navigate my directory to easily add/remove MODs without much hassle.
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2023, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2023 08:23 PM by Minty.)
RE: Essential & Good MODs
Apologies for being late in replying.

Anyway welcome to Sims Forums.

Please accept your complimentary glass of nectar Haveadrink 4141155crbst-plumbbob-gif_1_ & pan Fryingpan

There's tea in the kitchen, plus plenty of biscuits.

To answer your question, this is one that's as old as the Sims series, and the best advice I can give (bearing in mind you have the Ultimate collection) is asking yourself how many of the Stuff Packs do you actually require and how many can be disabled?

If some are mostly stuff you will never use, consider looking for anyone who may have converted the various pieces into individual .package files so you can pick and choose what to have and keep

These tend to put strain on the game before you even go to the endless issue of mods.

Mods again you need to be brutal with, especially clothing and lot "clutter". Even with the best computer in the world, a superb file system and merging .packages, there's no substitute for eventually setting some hours aside to go through what you have and binning the excess.

The Official EA Sims Forum (dealing with all versions of the game to date) does have an interesting section on the topic, and as a lot of disillusioned Sims 4 players are reverting back, there's tips from veteran players to be found.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply