Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What traits will you choose?
17-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Re: What traits will you choose?
I saw artistic up there... I hope they differentiate between artistic and crafty. There is a rather... large difference there. I am very crafty, but not at all artistic. I can't draw at all, but I can make jewelry, can knit, can do sculptures, etc...
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2008, 09:09 AM
(17-03-2008 08:46 AM)Leafy link Wrote:I saw artistic up there... I hope they differentiate between artistic and crafty. There is a rather... large difference there. I am very crafty, but not at all artistic. I can't draw at all, but I can make jewelry, can knit, can do sculptures, etc...

Knitting, Jewelery, and Sculpting are all considered certain types of arts. :3 You don't need to be able to draw to be artistic at all, I know plenty of people that can't draw but they indulge in the arts. So, there isn't much difference. Other than how serious you take them, or if it's a hobby. That would put you at the difference of an artist, or just a person that enjoys art. And even then the line is blurred a lot of the time. ;D

Anyway, on topic again.
I plan on starting off by making my family, as far back as is still living at the moment. Which means my grandparents will be plopped into one house. And I will force myself to be honest, rather than nice when choosing their traits.

Grandma (Francis)
Daredevil
Good Sense of Humor
Natural Cook
Inappropriate
Playful

Grandpa (Robert)
Charismatic
Grumpy
Handy
Workaholic
Playful

Then I plan on making the rest of my family, but only out to Uncles, Aunts, and Cousins. No Second-Cousins or anything, I don't even think I've seen that much of family in years anyway, no idea what they look like.

Obsessive Little Otaku<br /><br />Ask if you want to know what I like.
17-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Hmm...

I was thinking about this earlier, and I wonder if personalities would change/develope over time. Someone who was shy as a teenager may have come out of her shell later in life, becoming outgoing and flirtatious. Personalities don't remains stagnant in real people, so it would be interesting to see if Sims had any level of developement like that.
17-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Changin personalities and developin new ones is a good idea, it wud'n b so interestin if the sims wud reamain the same old sims he/she was as a kid Smile

[glow=pink,2,300]✿*゚‘゚・✿♥ѕÂ¢αяℓєтт ωαтєяѕ..νισℓєт ѕкуz...¢αηт υ нєαя тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂ѕ ¢яуѕ♥..?✿*゚‘゚・✿ [/glow]<br /><br />[glow=purple,2,300] What do u see behind my blue eyes..? Is beauty all u see in me..? Thn I'll hate u for who pretend 2 be..[/glow]
17-03-2008, 11:15 AM
(14-03-2008 09:58 PM)sims3luva22 link Wrote:I would have to say, for the first family that I play (if doing legacy) workaholic (for the benefit of the family's wealth) Good Sense of Humor, Family-Oriented, Playful, and a Dreamer ;D

I would do similar options to yours. It's really what you need :]
18-03-2008, 02:41 PM
So many cool ones to choose from! I can't decide!

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
18-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I think the trait system is a great idea, now sims would have their very own personality just like in the real world. Personally i would choose: Artistic ,Athletic, Brave, Charismatic, Commitment Issues
  Dreamer, Fortunate, Friendly, Good, Good Sense of Humor,
Neat , Outdoorsman ,Perfectionist,
Playful,Workaholic,  Worrywart,  Vegan
Lol that would be a lot like my own, sort of like 2 characters in one.
18-03-2008, 04:14 PM
(14-03-2008 09:58 PM)sims3luva22 link Wrote:Traits:
Each Sims will have a set of traits which will determine their character, this is a list of traits that has already been uncovered from the Games for Windows Magazine.

Artistic ,Athletic, Brave, Charismatic, Childish, Commitment Issues
Conversationalist, Cursed, Daredevil, Dreamer, Easily Bored,  EVIL
Family-Oriented, Flirt, Fortunate, Friendly, Frugal, Genius,
Gloomy, Good, Green Thumb, Good Sense of Humor, Grumpy,  Handy,  Hot-Headed
Inappropriate ,  Insensitive , Kleptomaniac , Light Sleeper , Mooch  Natural Cook,
Neat , Outdoorsman , Paranoid , Partier ,Perfectionist,  Pizza Lover,
Playful,  Rude,  Schmoozer ,  Shy,  Slob , Unforgiving,
Workaholic,  Worrywart,  Vegan
Thaaaat's me. =P
I also think that this system is a lovely idea.
18-03-2008, 04:21 PM
It will be very interesting to be a witness to so many traits in one household. I can totally see me trying to find a cute townie for my lady sim and having them date and marry only to find out that he's a shyevilpizzalovergreenthumbedkleptomaniac!

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
18-03-2008, 05:01 PM
i Would make My first girl:
Sense of humor
outdoorsy
nice
fortunate
Partier
No one is perfect 8)

~bcool<br />[Image: signature1edit4efo7.jpg]
<br />Come and see me at http://www.Youtube.com/user/2bcoolisme<br /> my screenname is 2bcoolisme come n watch <br />u know u want 2 : )= and myspace is http://www.MySpace.com/simsaddictGello<br />The ppl on here r like My Second Family ^^ love ya guys Smile