Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful
02-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Re: warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful
i think sims player should say that if there will be securom in TS3 we will just download it
for me personally it could possibly mean i'd get the game sooner since it does take a like a week for the came to be on sale here and in that time securom could be cracked and i can download the game

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I don't have issues with SecuROM myself, but a lot others do, I don't think my cousin has issues with it either, but I told her not to download the patch because it could ruin her game.  I also told her about how they want SecuROM in TS3 you know the one that needs the internet.  She is livid.  I mean we both have internet, but not everyone who is a Simmer does.  EAGames needs to get their act together, or their going to lose a large number of Simmers aka their most valuable customers.

[center]*CupcakesandPlumbobs*<br />Rachel<br />[Image: thcupcake.jpg]
<br />http://www.myspace.com/saintrachel<br />AIM=AStrawberrySlush[/center]
02-06-2008, 05:18 PM
thanks, i really want the game but not enough to give up my basic rights to choose what i have and use on my personal computer.
its good to see people are listening and are also aware.
and yeh, ive never had issues with it myself, but ive never bought a game with it.
besides, i hate that so many cutomers have complained and had there comps ruined or been unable to play due to no constant internet connection and EA just ignores it to be controlling and greedy.

oh and, update, they emailed me back but it was totally irrelevant.
its just been made clearer how much they ignore their customers.

this is what i wrote.
"Dear EA,
I would just like to inform you that I refuse to purchase any of your games that include secuROM, especially because you decided not to even warn buyers of The Sims 2: Free Time expansion pack. I have been a dedicated Sims player since the franchise first started. Myself and millions of other users have legally purchased and installed many of your games, and spent a lot of money doing so. secuROM is malware, and is too invasive to include in a game. It causes a lot of damage, and worse, controls what people have installed on their computers that secuROM dislikes. It isn't up to you to decide what is on our machines. Besides, it won't stop piracy, and the latest version has already been cracked. So now the honest and dedicated players have malware that messes up their computers, and people who illegally download the game don't have any issues. I am certain that this will make people who have never even thought of downloading or pirating your games start doing it. Even though I have yet to have any issues with this I am a part of the Sims community that you depend on. You need your fans and your customers, not the other way around. I was really looking forward to The Sims 3, even with the gross lack of any updates or new information. But I guess I will have to miss out or wait longer if I hear that The Sims 3 will still include secuROM or any similar malware or Spyware that some like to call DRM. I have never had any issues with EA, and you produce many amazing games, but I can't continue supporting a company that turns on their fans like this.

Thank you,
Kenya Wiggin"

this is the reply. oh so helpful. [NOT!]

"Hello Kenya!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I apologize for the trouble you're having with The Sims 2 and expansions.

Customer feedback is greatly valuable to Electronic Arts. To comment on any of our titles, please post on the appropriate game forum. These forums are maintained and monitored by the community leaders and production team. By posting on these forums you will be able to submit direct feedback to the appropriate person. Please make sure that you follow the EA terms of service when posting. You must have an EA member account in order to post on the forum.

1. Please click here to go to our forum site.
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/index.jspa
2. Please click on the appropriate genre for your game.
3. You will be brought to a page containing the forum direct links.
Please click on the appropriate forum section under your game title.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Sincerely,
Chris P.
EA Technical Support"

they said sorry for troubles with the EP's, which i didnt say i owned.
so wth?
also, the site is strangely hard to navigate when it comes to customer service.
if i find the "right" forum, ill paste my email right there on their forum.
i encourage everyone else to as well or all of us will have to resort to illegally downloading TS3,
which i would rather not do if avoidable.

-kenya

My social life will cease to exist in June.
06-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Lol, that reply massage was probably just repeatedly sent out to everybody that has a problem!

That is really unhelpful, it's just like those robot telemarjters that they have now - It's utter crap!

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
06-06-2008, 11:03 PM
...What exactly is this patch supposed to fix, because I've played freetime and never had a problem until I started using the cheat codes.
06-06-2008, 11:46 PM
there's a big list of problems
but i think for most users the patch creates more problems than it fixes....

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
09-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I have no interest in patches as I don't really have any problems. To be honest patches are a waste unless you really have some very unhelpful problems, as patches only seem to stir up more problems. Though I'm no expert on patches. And the word patches is starting to annoy me.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
10-06-2008, 05:53 AM
I like the word Patches. It sounds cute. Smile

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
10-06-2008, 09:06 AM
i thought i should tell you this, I just had to do a recovery setup on my husband's laptop because he had a program with secuRom installed (like i do because i installed this freetime patch  - but on my mac it's not causing any problems because i only run the games on my windows partition) and suddenly his DVD drive wouldn't work any more. so i make the recovery and voila, it works again.

i know it's secuRom causing this and i can tell you my husband has no ripping software or any illegal programs or copies on his laptop. the only thing he had was nero for burning his photo cds. and that was enough to cause these problems obviously.

{cursing} and this is the kind of thing that can drive people with little computer knowledge crazy because they don't know the cause and you can only fix it with a totally new setup or by running the recovery CD. i hate windows and i hate EA too, i think. acting this way they're losing customers! i don't want them to lose customers, i want them to make good games. damn!  >:-(

Cross the wounded Galaxies
26-06-2008, 10:00 AM
(10-06-2008 05:53 AM)Chuckles, The Court Jester link Wrote:I like the word Patches. It sounds cute. Smile

It does. It reminds me of blankets small children have. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]