Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful
01-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Re: warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful
i soo appreciative i knew about surecom but i had no idea it was on that new patch.i like lost all my books 4 my games so i don't have the #'s u need to u know like put in the regeristration #'s

~bcool<br />[Image: signature1edit4efo7.jpg]
<br />Come and see me at http://www.Youtube.com/user/2bcoolisme<br /> my screenname is 2bcoolisme come n watch <br />u know u want 2 : )= and myspace is http://www.MySpace.com/simsaddictGello<br />The ppl on here r like My Second Family ^^ love ya guys Smile
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
EA is being ridiculous. majority of players buy all their games, i know i do because it warms my heart to actually physically own my game.
but i have had to install my friends EP before because i bought the game and couldnt find the booklet. my comp had to be rebooted so i had to reinstall everything and it was my favorite EP.
im glad that was before the secuROM days.
also, i live in an area of germany that has its own small local internet provider, which is not strong. i cant use limewire/utorrent/bittorrent/etc anyways so i dont download my games illegally for that reason as well.
but my internet cuts out a lot, which is a good time to play sims. and if you need to connect to the internet just to play a game that EA apparently doesnt trust that you bought, then i guess a lot of people are going to find a new favorite game.
on wikipedia if you search secuROM they have a whole section about the "sims conflict" with the program.
and yet EA is going to keep using it. first they arent treating customers like they used to, not even like people, and now this?
when they know how many peoples comps have been severely messed up because of it, they are going to continue doing it?
insane.
i think a few representatives from the game need to visit this forum every now and then, they would see what they are doing to their loyal customers. most of which have been dedicated for years.

-kenya  >:-(

My social life will cease to exist in June.
01-06-2008, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2008 05:19 PM by tv_freak.)
i completly agree
a lot of people have had problems with FT because it has securom on it
and now they add it with a patch?!
they should have atleast said so so people like me who don't really need the patch won't download it
they ave been treating us very badly lately
and the bottom line is that they need us more than we need them

edit: i've just saw on snootysims that securom was cracked in less than a day so people who download the game don't have it
so i don't get EA securom only ruin the game of honest people?! that's crazy
why are they using a program that doesn't prevent people from playing the game illegaly but destroy the game and computers of people who bought the game

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
01-06-2008, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2008 05:38 PM by killerkenya.)
well secuROM is one of the better programs [for greedy EA kind of people, not us haha]
but all of those kinds of programs can be cracked in a couple of days.
for once i'm happy there are dedicated hackers out there haha.

EA jerks.

-kenya

BTW- im so glad i never bought FT now.
read this, it's amazing how worthless and vile secuROM is.
and how much EA is betraying their fans.

http://securom.sublimesims.net/index.php...&Itemid=74

01-06-2008, 06:18 PM
they're horrible people
as i've mentioned if someone wants to download anything they will find a way to do it all they're doing is ruin the computers of honest people
before my camera broke i used to take a lot of pictures and you can't just ahve a copy on your somputer i have a disk i've burned of the pics i've taken so because of EA i'm not going to be able to burn pictures i've taken?! why should i risk my pics because of a game
and there are legal things you can download such as cc for TS2 and as someone who had to uninstall and reinstall the game alot of times i keep a few disks of TS2 cc
it's just so annoying that EA can be so mean and after people complained about all the trubles they've had with securom in TS2 games they still add it to a patch without even saying anything

<br />
01-06-2008, 06:23 PM
i just sent EA an email explaining that though i myself have not had any issues with secuROM [i haven't bought any EP's for a while] i am disgusted at the way they are treating their fans. esp the honest ones.
i told them that i refuse to buy any of their games if they continue to include secuROM, which is nothing more than malware/Spyware.
it's going to suck if the sims 3 has it, because i wont be buying it.
no matter how much i want that game im not letting ea and snoy decide what i can or cant do on my own computer.
they need us, not the other way around.

i found this link on snootysims.com, i forgot to mention the link in my last post was found on snooty.
but heres the home page. its a site totally against secuROM and EA's use of it.
http://securom.sublimesims.net/

-kenya

01-06-2008, 09:42 PM
if securom is only ruining computers with real games maybe the best way to show EA is downloading their games

<br />
02-06-2008, 03:50 AM
OMG the poor people withot internet who have downloaded that patch... Sad

stuck.

{censored} EA. They want to screw up our lives, we'll screw up theirs. I'm not buying TS3 if it has Securom. Who gives a {censored} if people get it illegally! Sims 2 is still the second best selling game next to Mario!!!! They're still going to be filthy rich!
02-06-2008, 05:21 AM
i agree! i totally refuse to buy it with secuROM.
and i realllyyy was looking forward to TS3.
maybe i'll just download it after a couple days of it coming out,
by then secuROM would have been cracked and i wont be feeding those greedy jerks.

-kenya
go to that link, learn something and fight EA on securom!

02-06-2008, 09:19 AM
[quote author=killerkenya link=topic=2268.msg73471#msg73471 date=1212341026]
i told them that i refuse to buy any of their games if they continue to include secuROM, which is nothing more than malware/Spyware.

You're right Kenya technically SecuRom is a spyware / malware. And it wouldn't surprise me if on some programmer's desktop there is a Java Applet running that automatically downloads and reads out and stores a lot of file information about a lot of computers. This programmer is making a lot of money by selling his information to any kind of company who's interested. Like Microsoft (who has a close relationship with the CIA) People, be careful what sort of information you have on your internet computers. It's not a free world any more. And EA is just playing along in a global game of "Lets Control the World".

I used to play such a game on my pre Pentium Computer when I was a little kid. I didn't realize then that it might become reality.

More people should be like Kenya and speak up. We are human beings, we have rights, we have power. We should make use of it. Taken together we outweigh any tycoon or tyrant in this world. Smile Just a sentiment.

Cross the wounded Galaxies