Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NPC sims
19-03-2008, 12:05 AM
NPC sims
I don't know how familiar you guys are with Spore, another game by EAxis from The Sims creator Will Wright,but in that game, in which you build various things from creatures to UFO's, there is this new system where content designed by other players is automatically uploaded into another players game. I was thinking this would be an amazing feature for TS3, many of the NPC sims and houses are user generated. I realize that through the sim's exchange you can load other people's content in TS2, but It's not nearly as intuitive. In Spore there actually is an exchange like function called Sporecast, where you can subscribe to other people's creations, and have them downloaded, or you can upload movies to youtube. This system even goes another step further than TS2's exchange by having it built right into the game instead of being browser based. I really would love features similar to this in TS3!
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Re: NPC sims
It might be good, as long as it is by choice. I would hate to have lots of houses I didn't need in my game.
19-03-2008, 12:12 AM
I have heard of it but I don't know much about it Smile

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
19-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Well in Spore there is a system where the game calculates just how many things to upload based on both player preference and game determined variables. I imagine that if they had this kind of stuff in TS3 it would work the same.
19-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Oh I see. Thanks for explaining.  Smile

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
19-03-2008, 01:03 AM
EAxis had to develop a bunch of new technologies to create those kind of features in Spore, and they've actually have been showing other developers how to use them at conferences and trade show demonstrations, so I can definitely see them implementing the technologies in another one of it's games, especially TS3 because the series creator is the head developer. More and more I think we will see these advanced features, but definitely more The Sims like variations of them.