September 1, 2009 - present
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Re: money
banks would be nice too
01-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Agreed. Kids should be able to get pocket money, and go and spend it in the town. You could borrow money from someone, and it is automatically a promise to pay them back, therefore taking away a promise slot (if we even have those anymore).

Teenagers should be able to ask mum and dad for some money, and if they say no, they coudl steal some (depending on their traits)

Married couples should have combined funds though, since the Husband and wife are the ones to take care of hte family/household, and their money should be like household funds now. And if they split, they should each take half of the money. Smile

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
01-06-2008, 08:02 AM
I think everyone should have their own separate bank accounts and your sim gets married then you should have the choice of whether or not you want to combine them. Also, there should be little bars in the corner of the screen that let you know how much each person has.

I noticed that in TS2 that some times the kids would be awarded money for something that happened at school and the money would go start in the the parents bank. So not fair.
01-06-2008, 08:46 AM
I know! 150 simoleans is LOADS of money for a kid, but it's NOTHING to a parent!

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Also, kids should be able to save for their futures. Its not realistic that a kid who moves out from a rich family only gets 20k. Their parents should be able to send them money, and kids should also be able to save it.

Sims shouldn't have access to all their money at once. In the bank they could have loads, but they shouldn't have a million dollars on them at all times. There should be credit cards/checks to access the money in their accounts.

Getting a bank account for the first time could also be something a money oriented sim could really want to do.
01-06-2008, 10:46 PM
kids should be able to see things on TV that exist in buy mode or a boutiques, and should be able to sneakily go to the phone and order it. Their parents could have a thought bubble with the sneaky kid and a question mark next to it, and they could pick up the phone and hear the conversation, resulting in punishment for the kid. Sorta like the sneak out/ ask permission to go out option.
01-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Awesome! I love that idea. Small things they could get away with, but anything really big and they'd get in trouble. Also the defintion of "big" or "small" things should depend somewhat on how much money the parents have.
01-06-2008, 11:49 PM
i.e. a flat screen TV as opposed to a new toy