Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Short Story
04-06-2008, 08:25 PM
A Short Story
Our story begins late one evening. Hanabi Lothario and her son, Anthony, had been out at a play. Marcus, Hanabi's husband and Anthony's father, had been unable to attend due to his late work shift. That evening, they return home to find Marcus laying on the floor, they rush over, but it's too late; Marcus is dead.
[Image: MarucsDeath.jpg]

They call the police, who arrive promptly. They investigate the home and body, but find no sign of forced entry or foul play.
[Image: Police.jpg]

Anthony finds a can of beer in the kitchen, and a pink slip of paper laying on the floor. His father had been fired from his job that night. A job he'd worked at for almost 20 years, and dedicated more time to than his own family in effort to give them the comfortable life they'd always had.
[Image: Beer.jpg]

"We won't know anything until the autopsy returns, but ... from what I can gather here at the scene ... he took his own life Mrs. Lothario." Hanabi couldn't believe the words that were coming from the officers mouth ... but considering Marucs' recent fits of depression ... she didn't want to believe it, but ... it looked like these were the facts.
[Image: NoBlame.jpg]

Hanabi meets with Anthony in the kitchen that night, neither of them able to sleep. "We'll be okay, Ant. You'll see. We have enough money to see us through the next several years. I'll get a job soon, and things ... they'll get better. Just watch."  "I know, mom ... but ... dad ..." "Shh, I know."
[Image: Hugging.jpg]

A week had gone by, and Hanabi met up with Anthony, wearing a trouble expression. "Mom?"  "Sweety ... we need to talk."  "What about?"  "Well ... it seems ... the day your father died ... well.  His investor called. Turns out ... your father was fired early that morning ... he then took ... well ... almost all our funds, and tried to double them in some kind of gambling ring. Turns out, it was a scam ... they made off with all but thirty-thousand dollars."  "What?! Will ... are we ... are we going to be okay?"  "Well, that's the problem, hun.  The way your father had it set up ... the monthly mortgage of the house alone is close to that ... we'll be okay this month ... but after that ... the bank will probably take the house."
[Image: HanabiAndAnthony.jpg]

The rest of the month was a blurr to them both. Hanabi had gotten a job, but there still wasn't enough time to get the money together. She'd taken out a small loan, and after talking with Anthony, they bought a new house. It wasn't nearly as spacious as what they were used to ... but it was theirs. Paid in full and ready to move in. After one last look around the living room, they went to sleep.
[Image: LastNight.jpg]

[Image: TheNewHome.jpg]

That weekend Anthony invites his two closest friends over, Lucy and Drake. "Wow, this place is nice! You made it sound like a box."  "It is when you compare it to our last place."  "Oh, stop that, Ant. Sheesh, you sound like a snob."  "Yeah ... sorry, guys."
[Image: 2BestFriends.jpg]

[Image: Chatting.jpg]

"Hey! So you're the new guy, huh? I'm meadow. I live up the block."  "Hey, nice to meet you." Anthony smiled. This girl was very pretty, and for some reason, made him smile. "So does that mean you'll be going to Keikiro Pass High?"  "Yeah, I start monday."  "Awesome! I'll show you around the place, meet me at the front doors first thing in the morning, 'kay?"  "Sure." She gave him a wink, then left.
[Image: MeadowThayer.jpg]

That monday Meadow road home with him. "Thanks, you made my first day really nice. I appreciate it." "No problem. Glad I could be of service!" Without thinking, Anthony leaned in, and kissed her. Meadow was a bit shocked, to say the least, but didn't fight the urge. His mom was at work, so they moved into the living room. Once there, it didn't take long for things to get heated.
[Image: AfterSchool.jpg]

[Image: MakingOut.jpg]

It was quite a shock when the door came open, and there was Lucy glaring at the two of them. "MEADOW! You little  {censored}!"  "Oh, lucy! Hi, how are ya?"  "Don't act smooth with me, what the hell were you just doing?!"  "Well, it seemed to me like I was making out with Anthony. Oh ... wait, don't you like Anthony? Aw, I must've forgotten." she grinned and glared right back at Lucy. "Forgot my ass! I'll kill you!"
[Image: Noogied.jpg]

Not long after this, Hanabi came home. "Hey, break it up you two! Blondie, go home, Lucy, get over here!" Meadow stuck her tongue out at Lucy, and skipped from the house. "I cannot believe this, what on earth were you thinking?"  "I'm sorry ... just ... she was making out with him!"  "Look, Anthony is old enough do to his own thing, he's not a baby anymore and I know that. You don't need to protect him for me. I appreciate it though."  What?! Lucy was shocked. Hanabi thought ... oh jeeze.
[Image: TalkAboutAnthony.jpg]

Up in his bedroom, Anthony was fuming. What had just happened? "Anthony? I'm sorry, but ... can you just hear me out, please?" "What is there to hear out? A girl liked me and you busted in like some big sister on dope and completely embaressed me!"  "Hey now! That's not ... I didn't mean ... like that. She knew ... something. And she was using you! She hates me, and she doesn't like you for you."  "Oh please!"  Anthony left the room, and went down stairs. Lucy followed him. "No, listen to me!"
[Image: TalkWithAnthony.jpg]

[Image: TalkWithAnthony2.jpg]

"What is there to listen about, huh?"  "I ... I like you!"  " ... what? Lucy?"  "There, I said it. And ... and ..."  "And?" and before she knew it, she was kissing him. And to both their surprise, he was kissing back. But, he broke it off suddenly, and took a step back. "Oh, man. Lucy, look ... this ... if this is how it is, we can't hang out any more. I liked Meadow, she was a sweet girl, and you ... what you did was uncalled for."  "... Fine. I'll go. But she won't talk to you again. She's had her fun, and her fill. See ya around, Anthony."
[Image: MakingOut2.jpg]

[Image: Goodbye-1.jpg]

It was true, what Lucy said. Meadow ignored him from then on. Drake wouldn't even talk to him after what had happened. "You broke her heart, you know that? Lucy loved you, man. And you just treated her like ... like a freaking doll!"  "Hey, whoa!"  "NO! You whoah, pal. If you think you can just throw your friends away when things get tough, then you're no friend of mine, either." He tried to explain further, but Drake wouldn't hear it. And, thus, another friendship ended.
[Image: TalkAboutLucy.jpg]

Time moves on, however. He made new, older, friends, took up a hobby. And eventually ... things changed. Hanabi passed away, leaving their new home to her son, who even as an adult only had his hydropnics garden and the TV to keep him company. After highschool, he tried college, but to no success.
[Image: NinaCaliente.jpg]

[Image: HydroponicGarden.jpg]

[Image: AnthonyAsAnAdult.jpg]

One day, as he sat watching TV a knock came to his door. It was unusual for someone to knock ever since his mother died. When he opened the door, he froze. Though she was older, there was no mistaking it. Lucy was right there on his front porch. "Hey, stranger." She whispered with a mild smile. "Oh ... Lucy!" He embraced her in a tight hug, and she laughed. "Oh, good. You're not still mad at me. "Look ... about that ..." but before he could finish his sentence, he kissed her. "Oh, lucy ... I'm sorry. You have no idea how much I've suffered over the years ... I wanted to call you ..." "Then why didn't you? All these years I've been waiting for you."  "Oh ... God ... Lucy!" he took her hands into his, and smiled.
[Image: Knocking.jpg]

[Image: Greeting.jpg]

[Image: TheirKiss.jpg]

[Image: Reunited.jpg]

After years of being apart, they were able to rekindle not just their friendship, but a deeper relationship. He admitted to his mistakes, and she to hers. Just a few short months after their refound friendship and newfound love for eachother ... they did a private wedding in the backyard, next to the pond.
[Image: TheirVows.jpg]

And though there aren't any pictures to show it ... they'll live happily ever after.

- The End

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Re: A Short Story
I like it =D
You should do more
x

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
04-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Thank you!

I wanted to make it longer, and more detailed, but I've been feeling under the weather today, so I made it shorter.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
05-06-2008, 06:12 AM
{clap} {clap} {clap} Oh that was wonderful !!!
05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
This was very, very good. 

So good that I didn't want it to end.

I hope that y ou can do more short stories like this.

This was a very good read and entertaining.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?