Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friends series remake
05-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Friends series remake
Hey, I was just asking if it is illegal to start making my own sims 2 friends series...
I already made the opening part. But this time I'm changing everything, you might find Joey and Phoebe getting married for example.
I'm going to put every episode on youtube, and tell you the link here on this thread.
But first, please tell me whether its illegal or not. If yes, please give me feedback, tell me if its a good idea and I should continue or if its a bad idea and that I shouldn't continue.

Thank you. Smile

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Re: Friends series remake
I don't think it is illegal. YouTube says you can upload videos with content created entirely by yourself, and you are gonna make the sets, the characters, and of course it won't be an exact replica of Friends. I think you should upload the series. Smile Plus take a look at this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VzEak_hV1mY
They use music from Harry Potter and the voices from the books. They cancelled their series since the movie came out, but it has been up for a long time and never removed.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I don't think its illegal;
I think its a great idea!
I MUST see this, I love friends Smile

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
08-06-2008, 01:32 PM
My vague understanding of copy legislation (which differs globally) is that all aspects need to be about 10% different from the original, so 10% different names, 10% different faces, 10% different clothes etc. etc.  But this is not legal advise, just what I've been told by other performance artists (not game makers or film makers).  At least you asked first!  Very considerate and good conscience!
08-06-2008, 08:29 PM
ok thanks everyone, I guess its legal Big Grin even if  {tongue}
Sorry I've taken so long to reply, But I was having problems with uploading the video.
Ok. here's the link to the opening song to the series:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcV7_fbcbFI

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
I'll be changing the names of the actors according to the names of the people who are doing the voices...
So if anyone wants to do one of the voices, please PM me, post a video reply on youtube or just reply here on this thread... thank you Smile

08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
It looks cool! Are they supposed to be dancing funny? Lol

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
08-06-2008, 10:52 PM
ya lol I thought smustle would be better than solo, dunno Big Grin
and thanks Smile

09-06-2008, 05:45 AM
yeah cuz smustle is pretty funny looking. Big Grin