Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eeeerk my Sims Life stories won't save anymore!
08-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Eeeerk my Sims Life stories won't save anymore!
I grabbed a new track from the free downloads on the Sims Lifestories site which comes upon registration (nothing questionable) and since adding it to my stereo I can't save any further action!  I finished Riley's story and reunited her with her ex-boyfriend Dylan.  They have a baby now.  I have had four birthday parties for their baby Lindy and each time I exit I can't save, or if I try to save in game it crashes!  Any solutions?  I've also tried playing other houses and they won't save either.
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Re: Eeeerk my Sims Life stories won't save anymore!
One of the ONLY solutions is... get a new computer. You probably have too much stuff on your computer and it's too late to remove it or reinstall sims. If you wanna try reinstalling it, be my guest, but I highly recommend a new computer. I had a very similar situation to yours: 1st my sims would never save. Then it deleted all my CC and I had to download new stuff. Last, my computer removed ALL the Maxis neighborhoods, and I tend to live there, so a lot of my sims were erased.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
09-06-2008, 05:09 AM
I hope there is another way to go!  I only got my laptop three weeks ago.  Hate to think I need a new one already (but you could be right!).  I've been trying some other things with it today...nothing would save on Vincent's Story or Riley's Story, but YAY YAY YAY it will save progress in Free Play neighbourhood.  Maybe EA made the two Story modes with a limited save catch?  The houses in Free Play are pretty topo but I will miss my old families!
09-06-2008, 05:45 AM
Oh... you have a laptop? NEVER buy a laptop again. sure, they're cute and all, but if you want to play sims buy a desktop.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
09-06-2008, 04:27 PM
I beg to differ.

Laptops are pretty easy to use for Sims.

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
11-06-2008, 01:14 PM
There are actually six PCs in my house (and two laptops) but only two of the PCs are worth playing SIMS on.  Sims Life Stories is supposed to be laptop friendly, but it looks to me that the saving capabilities have been restricted in the two Character Story neighbourhoods.  Oh well, I'm still having fun in the Free Play neighbourhood...nearly forgotten my other families.  If you haven't seen this version of the game, you should check out the houses - they're great!