or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to play Sims 2 in a window
29-06-2008, 08:14 PM
How to play Sims 2 in a window
works with all versions of TS2.

[Image: clip0007_0001.jpg]

first go to your desktop and find the shortcut for the newest EP you have. if you don't have any EPs this will also work with just the sims 2. righ-click the shortcut and select "properties" from the drop-down list. see where it says the name and .exe? put a space then -w . click OK. you're done {clap} also, if you want two seperate shortcuts (one for full-screen and one for window) then BEFORE you do all this, right-click the unedited icon and copy, then paste elsewhere on your desktop, then edit the pasted icon.  Smile i hope i helped! karma is appreciated if i did... :-)

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Re: How to play Sims 2 in a window
I already knew how to do this but definitely Karma for you for puuting the effort into it. Smile Windowed mode is seriously helpful when you want to be on here and TS2 at the same time! {yes}

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
29-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks!  Big Grin

~Simschick17~
29-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks Cassie! And you're welcome simschick Smile

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
30-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks! Although I already play like that!

Thanks anyway! This will be useful to the people that don't know! Smile

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
30-06-2008, 05:55 AM
I do have a question though... I play it in windowed mode sometimes too, but how do you change the sieze of the window. Because it won't let me... {no}

30-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Well... you can't Sad

30-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh sucks. Sad Because I remember seeing a picture a couple of years ago of someone's windowed mode, and it was much smaller than mine, whereas my box is automatically quite big, it's three quarters worth of the screen, and his was about a quarter, so I was just wondering... ah well. Smile

30-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Actually, you CAN change it.

Go into the game, go to options, and I don't remember after that but just look around for something in a box type thing where there's different sizes. Smile

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
02-07-2008, 09:27 AM
You change the screen resolution, in the game. You might have to try a few until you get it the size you want.  Smile