Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
secuROM
25-08-2008, 10:11 PM
secuROM
do u guys think EA will remove the SecuROM?

FAQs<br />Aren't you too old to watch disney?<br />1st and for most no one is too old to watch anything or do anything. I am in No rush to grow up. And disney is more interesting than anyother program there is.<br /><br />why do u like sims?<br />Becuase it is too fun and i can t live without it Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Re: secuROM
I hope they will, because of all the bashing they got when they released Spore. EA have been sued too.

SecuRom is like a trojan that you can't remove and can slow your computer down, and it reports to EA everytime you install the game. You can only install the game five times and then you must call EA support and they maybe will activate your game again. If they don't do that you must buy the game again..  >:-(

And you can't sell the game if you don't want it anymore, because the buyer can't install the game on another EA account. EA can't stop pirates with SecuRom, because there is already a cracked Spore that you can download illegally and it doesn't contain SecuRom, and you can install it as many times as you want!!!

I hate this!! I have bought all my Sims 2 games new and legal and if I buy Sims 3 I don't want to be given a disadvantage to those who illegally download it. It isn't fair!! {cursing}
29-09-2008, 09:29 PM
(28-09-2008 08:53 PM)Cororon link Wrote:I hope they will, because of all the bashing they got when they released Spore. EA have been sued too.

SecuRom is like a trojan that you can't remove and can slow your computer down, and it reports to EA everytime you install the game. You can only install the game five times and then you must call EA support and they maybe will activate your game again. If they don't do that you must buy the game again..  >:-(

And you can't sell the game if you don't want it anymore, because the buyer can't install the game on another EA account. EA can't stop pirates with SecuRom, because there is already a cracked Spore that you can download illegally and it doesn't contain SecuRom, and you can install it as many times as you want!!!

I hate this!! I have bought all my Sims 2 games new and legal and if I buy Sims 3 I don't want to be given a disadvantage to those who illegally download it. It isn't fair!! {cursing}
Seriously? No wonder my Sims university game wouldn't work! Ughhh I thought something went wrong!
I'm mad  {cursing}>:-(!!

29-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Hmmz.. I don't think University has the new SecuRom.
29-09-2008, 11:56 PM
{agree}
30-09-2008, 02:31 AM
I think everybody should read these reviews of Spore. Sooo many bad reviews because of SecuROM!! And EA wants to put SecuROM in Sims 3 too!!!  {cursing} {cursing}

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B00...ewpoints=1

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170131
01-10-2008, 12:27 AM
(29-09-2008 11:39 PM)Cororon link Wrote:Hmmz.. I don't think University has the new SecuRom.
Well I can't download it again it just stops at like 53%

(30-09-2008 02:31 AM)Cororon link Wrote:I think everybody should read these reviews of Spore. Sooo many bad reviews because of SecuROM!! And EA wants to put SecuROM in Sims 3 too!!!  {cursing} {cursing}

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B00...ewpoints=1

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170131
I didn't read it, but seriously? Can't you remove it?

01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
(25-08-2008 10:11 PM)ilovearsenal link Wrote:do u guys think EA will remove the SecuROM?

No I don't think they will, not after the latest securom discussion. I don't like what I see from EA at all. And I was a very loyal customer. Bought a lot of products from them but no more. Not when they misbehave like that. When they threatened to lock anybody out of the spore forum who is going to discuss securom any longer, that was it for me. Really.

And now, I just decided, I am NOT going to buy Sims 3 simply because I don't like EA any more. And this is going to be my last post here because the whole issue is dead to me now. I think I can exist without the Sims from now on.

Bye friends.

Cross the wounded Galaxies
01-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Oh and BTW I also cancelled my Amazon order for Spore because of that. Now I'm really, really glad I did.
Bye

(01-10-2008 11:59 AM)LadyAnnabellOfGlenmore link Wrote:No I don't think they will, not after the latest securom discussion. I don't like what I see from EA at all. And I was a very loyal customer. Bought a lot of products from them but no more. Not when they misbehave like that. When they threatened to lock anybody out of the spore forum who is going to discuss securom any longer, that was it for me. Really.

And now, I just decided, I am NOT going to buy Sims 3 simply because I don't like EA any more. And this is going to be my last post here because the whole issue is dead to me now. I think I can exist without the Sims from now on.

Bye friends.

Cross the wounded Galaxies
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I'd like to think so, but for some reason, I doubt it.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!