Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
secuROM
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Re: secuROM
(01-10-2008 11:59 AM)LadyAnnabellOfGlenmore link Wrote:And now, I just decided, I am NOT going to buy Sims 3 simply because I don't like EA any more. And this is going to be my last post here because the whole issue is dead to me now. I think I can exist without the Sims from now on.
No Sims 3 for me either until EA change their mind about SecuROM.  {no}

It's like a yummy ice cream that has SNAILS in it that you must eat and can't remove if you want the ice cream. I just wouldn't buy it, even if it was my favourite flavour.  {unsure}

Please please please EA, no SecuROM!!!  {headbang}
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Wait,  i have a question, does secuRom allow you to re-install your game on the same computer? Or do you have to go out and buy a new copy ???

—Scott
05-10-2008, 02:46 PM
I think it allows you to re-install on the same computer a maximum of five times and if you exceed this, you have to call them up for 'permission' to re-install again.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
No it means that you can install it on five different computers. SecuROM remembers what graphic card, hard disk or motherboard you have, so if you change that it will think that it's another computer. But you can install it on the same computer more than five times if you haven't changed anything in it. I think that is how it is.  Wink
06-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Ive never heard of this securom thing before.. iv installed my sims 2 game at least 6+ times in the last 2+ yrs without problems so maybe thats why im a bit confused here .. it does sound annoying though !!
07-10-2008, 10:38 AM
(06-10-2008 10:08 PM)Palii_Girl link Wrote:Ive never heard of this securom thing before.. iv installed my sims 2 game at least 6+ times in the last 2+ yrs without problems so maybe thats why im a bit confused here .. it does sound annoying though !!
Sims 2 games don't have this new SecuROM with installing restrictions. EA said this summer that all new games will have it, like Spore and Sims 3.