Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ideas for Pregnancy, Births, and Adoption
19-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Re: Ideas for Pregnancy, Births, and Adoption
(19-03-2008 11:27 PM)Pyrathe link Wrote:I have to disagree with you on most of these points.

Why in the seven hells would EA ( a company which sells millions of copies to teens etc) support teen pregnancy?

That would just be stupid. It's like telling preteens and teens that it's OKAY (Which It isn't, in my honest opinion). For video games, it's fine, sure... but it shouldnt be part of the base games. Just an "addon" you could say (CC).

As for longer pregnancy or C-Section. I can see how that could interest some people...but not most. And you gotta look at it from EA's point of view.

They want money.

Making the majority of people happy so they'll buy the games? Top Priority.

Which means, basically, that they will go with what most people want. End of story.

Minorities, sadly, never rule here. Sad

I completly agree with this. If they put teen pregnatcys in some children would be like, "I'm going ot be like a sim and get pregnate." Or get pregnate and say "It was in the sims though!" And EA/MAIXS would be sued. And that means no more sims for us.

[Image: teadybears.png]
<br />All of my artwork is made by me, PM me if you want a request.
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2008, 11:37 PM
(19-03-2008 11:27 PM)Pyrathe link Wrote:That would just be stupid. It's like telling preteens and teens that it's OKAY (Which It isn't, in my honest opinion). For video games, it's fine, sure... but it shouldnt be part of the base games. Just an "addon" you could say (CC).

So, it's also okay for people to leave flaming poop on other people's doorsteps, steal from them, fight with and attack them?

Lets face it, there are a LOT of things that sims can do to eachother in the base game - and things that you can do to sims - that you woudlnt' want your preteens and kids to do in real life.  Sure, lets bring a grill into the house and use it!  Oh hey, lets completely ignore a baby and get it taken away by the social worker (though in real life, the kid would probably die before anyone knew).

The reason EA won't support it is because it falls outside of the Teen rating, NOT because it's "not a good example to set for children".
19-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Welll. True, a teen pregnancy is not a good thing. But I do believe they should include it in the game. You are the creator. You could try to avoid it or even disable it. True, if they do that, it won't be falling in the T rating.
But I absoutely agree with the C-Section and the longer labor. Some people may not see the point but it'd be more enjoyable, espically for people who went through the same thing. They should bring birth defects in the game too. Sure, it's not the most cheery thing ever but it'd be releastic, ya know?
20-03-2008, 03:19 AM
(19-03-2008 10:42 PM)simkid link Wrote:I always thought it weird (in Sims). It takes 2+ hours to eat dinner, and a few seconds to have a baby. Smile

I do hope they fix the time issue

My siggy is telling you that I want tornados in Sims 3. It would be cool and fun, trust me!
20-03-2008, 03:26 AM
to be honest i dont even like waiting for 3 days to have the baby. you are limited from so many things. GOSH!

[Image: Mommy.jpg]
20-03-2008, 03:28 AM
i dont care if they put teen pregnancy in, but their sales could drop because it might be rated M
and c-section pretty much happens with male pregnancies!
20-03-2008, 03:33 AM
I've always like the little 'spin around and a baby is in your arms' thing. It's just so classic!

[Image: UberOrange-1.png]
20-03-2008, 03:58 AM
You guys are out of wack... its like this...

Maxis is creating a game based around kids and teens. In the game there has to be some humor or it becomes freaking dEPRESSING

Like the grim reaper when people died.. He pulled out his cell phone, took his time.. and usually played some kinda stupid game, and it STILL GAVE YOU THE OBJECT TO BRING BACK YOUR SIM.

Idea here ???: Maxis wants us to be happy  Smile not depressed :-[ we have enough depressing stuff to deal with in real life.

I like the spin around thing... *birth= YUCKY!!!!!!!
--  and 3 days is far long enough you dont have any fun when your sims are pregnant and you cant make them look half decent.!
20-03-2008, 04:58 AM
I don't think it will happen. EA likes to keep the money rolling in.
20-03-2008, 05:18 AM
The creators of the Sims 2 already addressed their reasoning for not including teen pregnancy. This was the fact that teen pregnancy would require them to increase the rating of the game from Teen to Mature. EA games would lose alot of their audience if the rating were increased.